Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Normal

We had a very normal weekend. Got a bunch of Christmas shopping done...which is fun but also sad. I love the getting ready for Christmas. The cards, the shopping, the gift wrapping, baking, decorating. I love it all. When I get another thing on my list done it means its one step closer to being another year to Christmas. Oh well. This will be a great Christmas. Alivia will really get into the gift opening this year and we can read her the Christmas story (and she'll actually sit still and listen). Lately she's been getting into books and I love it. After naps we crawl into my bed and read books together. I am so amazed that I get to share my life with this little girl. Each day she is getting bigger and bigger. She does new things all the time. I am constantly shocked by the things she knows.

Our latest drama is a completely normal drama that all moms experience at one point or another. Alivia will not go to bed. It took almost 2 hours to get her to sleep today. I think that she might be getting teeth so I got out the oralgel.Pray for her to fall asleep on her own. We are trying to teach her. She did it for a while, then the hospital and we get start all over. Oh well. I like having "normal" struggles. They are such a relief.

Thanks for all the continued prayers, to Dan and Debbi Van Horn for the note and cute lamb, to the Phillis Deitman, IDella, Nacy Lern, Patty Rankin, Louann Miller, Mildred Bash and Yvonne Learn for the card and gift, the Fry Family, Wayne, Sally, Shawn and Heather Herr and Lois Hostetter for the advent peices. Thanks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're having such a wonderful holiday season! I hope everything keeps going the way it has for all of you! Here's to "normal" drama!!
Thinking of you always! Natalie Murdick

6:22 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

This whole post made me smile... I'm always praying for you, and am so happy to have you feeling normal lately.

-Adalie

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Dad always says..."what's normal?" So you are having some normals with a 20 month old...on the whole, good news!! Love, Mom

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em,

I had to comment on this one b/c I feel the same way about Christmas!! I LOVE it and don't want it to get here too quickly!! I guess my little girl is coming up to meet your little girl this weekend! I made Rachel promise not to tell me if she does anything bad!!! She's just a little baby and her manners are terrible!! Have a good time! Wish I could be there and Happy (early) Birthday!!!!!
Love ya!
Steph

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck with the last comment that is on your blog? That's annoying.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am dealing with the same "normal" struggle. Jude will not take his naps since we moved. He will cry and scream for HOURS at his crib. It is heart-breaking. He used to do great! Ah, well. Who wants to nap with Christmas right around the corner and so many thing to do and see?

Loved your card and picture! It's hanging on our fridge!!!

Love you and miss you!
Julie

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home