Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Day +65

Today Alivia will have a CT scan. It is required for the use of the T-cells that you have one within a set number of hours after your first infusion. It is scheduled for noon and hopefully will be on time because she's not allowed to drink or eat till its over. She woke up saying eat and asking for her cup. I hate having to deny her when we've been pushing food so hard for so long.

The CT scan is just part of the protocol but might end up being a good thing. For a while she was breathing quickly and now she is breathing really slow. She holds her breath for a second after each time she inhales. It odd. Also she threw up 3 times yesterday. She hasn't thrown up in quite a while. It is so sad. She woke up at 5 am and threw up. So she hasn't had a thing to eat or drink since midnight to make sure she doesn't throw up during the CT (she'll be under anesthesia)

Pray...
that the CT scan that it is on time and that it goes quickly and easily,
that she reacts well to anesthesia and there are no complications,
that she can handle not eating or drinking for another few hours,
that they don't find anything with the scan
that the NG tube replacement goes well. While she is under the anesthesia they are going to switch it to the other nostril. it is better to do when she's asleep but still makes me nervous.
Pray hard that Alivia gets well. It feels like one step forward and a leap backwards.

thanks to Vinson and Joy Sensenig for the book. Andrew for the movie, Natalie M. and family for the care package. Marmie for the card. Krissy Evans for the generous gift. Hannah Knutsen for the sweet card and Jill Piper for th generous gift.

21 Comments:

Blogger April said...

emily - praying for the ct scan and all that it entails for today . . . praying for healing.

love,
april stoltzfus

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I will be praying today, especially for the great leap forwards and not even the smallest step back. May you be filled with the comfort of the Lord. Love, Janet S.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Happy Mother's Day (a day late) to one of the greatest moms I know!

Praying for the CT scan and for the treatments. And I think when the doctor said "No" you should have started yelling "Well, start thinking of a discharge date NOW!!!" The nerve of him...he could at least THINK about a discharge date. Sheesh! :)

Love ya!
Julie

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Alivia and her test this morning. Praying for you too...

Love,
Amy

10:24 AM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

I was thinking of you ALOT yesterday, I actually think of you alot everyday, but really was missing you being around church yesterday with your little one...Kinda odd, since we don't know each other much, but I feel you and I are friends through April. I hope that one day we can all hang out when all of this is a distant memory. Please know I count you as one of my friends, and pray for you and your family constantly.
You are one of the best moms I know, so, a day late, please accept my wishes for a good Mother's Day...I know it was a hard one.
Praying for happier days and for good results for the CT scan.
Don't worry, God knows Livi's discharge date...that doctor doesn't have to know it yet!! Our family, especially the kids, are praying it's soon.
God bless.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Steph B. said...

Still praying.

Steph from WV

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitting here praying for every good thing for our sweet Livi. Will be thinking of you constantly till we get further news. Actually, I am always thinking about you, so that is not news to you, I'm sure. Love from Marmie

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for everything and the CT scan(probably in progress). You all still amaze me, you're so strong. She's been through so much already and I'm sure she'll make it through this too. With prayers coming from everywhere everything will be fine!!!
Natalie M.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you!!! I hope you had a restful Mother's Day.
Alicia Hess<><

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay folks, the CT scan has been delayed till 3 PM. Our nurse felt so badly when she came into to tell us that she began crying. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragment, Emily, Livi and James are in sore need of it (as all of us are!). Loving you all, Gretchen aka Gigi

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for the CT at 3pm. How sweet your nurse was so affected!

amanda kim

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying! Happy Mothers Day yesterday, Emily. We were in Atlanta yesterday. (Natalie graduated from law school on Sat!) Had to check your blog after the weekend---praying for the CT scan and Alivia and you all. Great to see how the house is doing! Good job, James! Natalie had seen James on the news too. Love you guys...Aunt Cheryl

1:15 PM  
Blogger Bueche said...

I am still checking in frequently (as are others in my family) and adjusting our prayers as per your updates.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, You don't know me, but I have followed your blog and saga since September of last year. God has put you and your whole family on my heart. I, like so many others are praying and praying for you; praying for restored strength and health for Livi...and restored peace, joy, strength, and comfort for all of you.

Thank you for keeping everyone updated --and for helping us to know how to pray more effectively. It makes such a difference.

Trish

1:41 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Praying for you and Alivia and James.

Emily B.
Gaithersburg, MD

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are on the East Coast, so hopefully the CT Scan has been done and there were NO complications. I'll go ahead and thank the Lord for His blessings. You guys are in my prayers.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I just saw the update ... delayed until 3:00, so you have one more hour. I am so sorry. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. God bless you guys,

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
It is 2:30 and prayers are being said--
I just got into the updated blog
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Phyllis

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the update and it's 3:08.

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got on to check how Livi did and saw that the scan was delayed! But, now it is 3:15 and I am going to PRAY! I am sure that the Holy Spirit produces much patience in you during this trial (and you know patience only comes through trials) ... personally, I think I would be tempted to big time impatience! God bless you! and Livi! and all the caregivers! Love, Janet S.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got on again and can't help but be furious about the delay. Not fair to keep food from a precious child when she actually wants it. I know how much it must hurt you to refuse her anything. I pray she is recovering from the procedure and will forget the whole thing and be asking and able to have what she asks for to eat. y Love from your indignant Marmie

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home