Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Day +52

We only get counts done every 3 days now and yesterday when they did her counts her WBC's had shot way up. It went from 6.9 on the 25th to 16.7 on the 27th to 37 yesterday!!! 37 is really high. It could have been from the increased steriods but to be sure they took blood cultures. Steriods make getting a fever (the first sign of a bacterial infection) really hard. So we wouldn't know that she had anything without the higher WBC count and blood cultures. Today the cultures came back positive. We are not sure exactly what bacteria it is yet but please pray that the new antibiotics make it go away quickly. Pray that she starts to feel better very soon.

She is very puffy from the steriods and she is starting to grow Cyclosporin (anti-rejection med) hair. Cyclosporin makes dark hair grow all over the place.You can get it on your back, eyebrows, chin, chest, earlobes and bottom. So far the most noticable is her eyebrows are darker and bigger. It will fall out as soon as she stops taking the cylcosporin but it is just another yucky side affect.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, James & Livi,
We are praying that all those yucky side effects would go away quickly! Autumn, Austin & Aidan pray daily for baby Livi!
Love & Blassing, The Kings

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
we will be praying for Alivia and the infection that the anitbiotics will work quickly and effectively for livi. praying for endurance for you and james as the days now count into the 50's. May God's grace come to you in the small details today as you serve and care for livi. love you-jamie

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyclosporin hair or not, she is still the cutest girl around. God bless you guys,

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for her infection. May God be with you during this time in your life. May his love pour over you and give you some comfort. Love ya!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying!!!
Love, yoders

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying that the infection will go away quickly. thinking of you today. xoxo

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. David, Xan and I are praying for Livi this afternoon.

Love,
Amy

2:29 PM  
Blogger pwallwork said...

I agree with Monica C!!! Always the cutest girl around!! And we are so blessed to know her and all of you. Always praying. xoxo pw

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our family is regularly praying for you and your family.

we will add these new requests to our prayers.

and i'm sure she's still the cutest girl around:)


~the nams

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi em,
love you. praying all the time...
beth

"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
psalm 18:1-2

7:23 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Praying and thinking of you all often.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you ~

Praying for Strength and Comfort
Phyllis

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Monica C too!!! Praying .... Janet S

8:40 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

We're praying for our dear, sweet Princess Livi!

Love,
The Garners

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read today and James' comments yesterday. We are praying for you and Baby Livi. Thanks for sharing James!
Betsie

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying daily for sweet, precious Livi and all of you.
C.J. Frederick

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home