Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day +50

Well, its Livi's dad again. It's been a couple weeks since I last wrote on here. I thought I would share some more with everybody out there.

I work in the remodeling business so I am going to tell a little story about wood. This is the easiest way for me to explain what I am trying to say. Plywood is a type of wood that is made from a lot of little peices of wood. It is usually constructed from leftover scrap wood. The peices that are too small and too weak to use some where else. These peices by themselves have nothing to offer. But, if you take these peices and put them together and add glue and pressure you get plywood. Plywood is a many layered sheet of wood that has stength and durability. It is not the individual peices of wood or the glue or the pressure that give it its strength. It is the combination of all these parts. I feel this is exactly the same for us. We are able to be strong because we have a network of friends and family that are supporting us through this whole ordeal. We are sandwiched in by our frinds. The glue that holds us together is Gods grace. The pressure of life only makes us stronger. We are part of something bigger than ourselves and we will not be broken. Come what may we will stand throught it. Because of Gods grace and the friends that stand with us. I want this post to be a "thank you" to all those around us. You are going through this with us whether you know it or not. Our biological family. Our extended family of friends. Our church family. Thank you for strengthening us. thank you for being here for us. Your support, no matter how small is part of the bigger picture. You may not know it but you are helping us. Just like every little piece of wood that makes up a big peice of plywood is important, so are you. I want to thank every body who has helped us along this road. And thank you for continuing to help us. Thank you for what you are doing for my wife, my daughter and my self.

Tomorrow will be day +51. This means that its been 61 days that My wife and daughter have been in the hospital. Its definatly staring to wear on us. Emily is very tired. I am very tired. Even little Alivia seems to be getting tired of this whole experience. She has started to say home more and more often (even calling it out in her sleep) It would be really great to be able to just come home with a healthy little girl.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, James.You and Emily are an inspiration to all who see your strength and faith. Praying for all needed to make the homecoming day come soon. It can't come soon enough. Wonderful that sweet Livi remembers home. May she forget most of th pain and general un pleasantness you all endure now. Much love tonight and always from your Marmie

11:11 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your heart James. Very encouraging to here your thoughts. God's grace continues to come everyday for you all. I'm so thankful to God for his sustaining strength for each of you. His mighty power is at work in each of you. Praise God!
I'm praying.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post James. I will pray that you guys will be able to come home soon with a healthy little girl! Keep on trusting God.

love,
moriah

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, your faith amazes me and stengthens my own. Your attitude is so precious for someone going through what you are facing. You and Emily are so strong and you have my admiration. I feel blessed to have been a part of your journey and to add my contribution (albeit small) to your "plywood". Your analogy is perfect and I really enjoy reading your entries. May God continue to strengthen you, Emily, Alivia and the entire group that helps you through this.
My prayers are with you everyday.
Warmly,
Vicki Moore

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,
I hear the Holy Spirit in you. Peter's six-year-old friends in Sunday school class have been praying for Alivia :)
Margot Cole

8:30 AM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

What a wonderful illustration, James. Truly, we are privileged to pray and do whatever we can to be God's promise keepers to you, Emily, Livi and your families. We love you here at the Almengor's so much. At least once a day, Judah randomly says, "baby Livi feel better". I guess he, more than any of us in this household, can understand a little of what she's going through.

My heart aches for you all to return home with a healthy little girl, and that is expressed in my prayers on your behalf. I can only imagine the Father's compassion for you given His perfection and my lack of it. Trust in that. Lean hard on that truth. Praying to that end.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, this was a really nice and heartfelt post. We really appreciate your appreciation for all of us. You'll never know how often you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. We appreciate you guys and are learning so much from this process. You all are an amazing family and your love for the Lord is such a testimony. We are praying for a full recovery for little Alivia and also praying that she gets to come home soon.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear James & Emily,

I think you may (?) know who our family is...Darryl & Donna Wenger from Living Hope. I have been following your blog and our family has been praying for Alivia. I wanted to share some scriptures to encourage your souls...

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Ps. 103:1-5

We pray that you know the Lord's presence today and that He increases your strength. May He pour out even more faith to trust, power to believe and power to heal sweet little Livi. He is good. With love, The Wengers (Laura, Elizabeth, John, & Emma, too!)

10:45 AM  
Blogger beth said...

thank you james, for posting that...
will keep praying for you to all go home... for livi to be healed...
for strength and grace for you all...
love all of you,
beth

10:45 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

What a wonderful post, James! I'm so thankful that we can all be part of the strength you are receiving. It seems like such a helpless place on this side. What more can we do than pray? I sometimes forget how HUGE that really is! It is only God that can restore Livi. How we pray that He will do just that!!!

We miss you guys and can't wait for the day when we'll be picnicking in your back yard again with others who are all celebrating what God has done in your lives! We can't say enough how much we love you guys!

Love,
Dan, Julie & Jude

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific analogy, James. Thank you for posting & for being so encouraging. There are lots of fragments of wood out there praying for you ~ you're going to be quite the busy man in heaven meeting all of them! Praying lots, Beth Chase

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, James. That was a great post! So uplifting!
The first thing I thought of this morning when I got out of bed was, "When will it be Day 60? Soon, I'll bet." And here it is...
A long time to be in the hospital, but you guys are really teaching all of us lessons of faith and trust. You all continually look to the Lord for your strength and comfort. What a blessing you all are!
How sweet it will be to have your wife and daughter home with you again SOON!

Still praying for Livi's complete healing.

Mary Ann K.

2:40 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Praying for health and home!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THINKING OF YOU
SENDING PRAYERS ~
Phyllis

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting, James. ...joining with you to pray in Livi's trip home. May God strengthen and refresh you all. with love in Christ, Janet S.

5:09 PM  
Blogger NETS said...

What an awesome entry...I am so happy to be one the many pieces of scrap wood in your lives.
Always praying,
Neysa

5:41 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Well said James. I admire your insight. I know it must come at a high cost. Always praying for you little girl...

~krissy evans

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine sixty-one days in the hospital. Our prayer every night is for comfort,strength, and rest for you and Emily. We also ask for complete healing of Alivia. Thank you for sharing so openly, and for always giving praise to God during this hard time.

The Scherf's

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you - praying for you all to find energy to keep going and for you to continue to find hope and faith in the Lord. It is kind of you to write a blog entry that encourages US. Praying for that wonderful day you can take your healthy litle girl home!
Cathy S.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have faithfully been following your journey, and find inspiration in you each day! I pray that you will be filled with peace, joy and laughter very soon. I pray Livi will be healed, that you her parents, will be renewed, and there will be a rainbow,(God's promise to us), around each corner for your family!

You are in my prayers!
Love, Your Canadian Friend

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful analogy... this plywood is much like the body of Christ.
We just read in Acts today how the persecution of the early church scattered the believers to far corners of the region and the church grew in great numbers. You probably don't know all the people whose hearts are being won over for the kingdom because of your lives. We pray every day that God will sustain you.

Aunt Anne

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home