Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, August 10, 2007

By Nora (who many Livi's quilt)




Dear Alivia,
I remember the night I met your mom at Indiana University of Pennsylvania when I was fourteen and trying to be as cool as her. I remember your dad at ten running around shirtless with the Walker boys playing football in the rain. I remember your parents wedding and how cold it was that October day. And I remember what chair I sat in the day your mom called me from the hospital to tell me that you were born. I remember your sweet pudgy feet and hands at my bridal shower when you came with your Mom. I remember all the joy your little laughs brought me as I read about your antics across the distance. I remember how I prayed for you as I stitched your quilt together. I will remember your little life and the way it touches so many even through you were suffering. We love you Livi and will miss you dearly.
Alivia Rachel Haughery went to be with the Lord on Friday, July 6th, 2007.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Little Alivia, you touched the lives of so many, and you will not be forgotten!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear James & Emily,
What a wonderful idea of posting these blogs! They are so sweet & very encouraging to me. Thank you. I wanted to let you both know that you two are not forgotten & neither is dear sweet Alivia! I have your family photo of you all at christmas with Alivia's cute headband on & one of Alivia being so cute with her sweet smile on my fride. As I spend most of my time in the kitchen it is my favorite place to see your sweet smiles so I can take the time to pray for you. I even have a few of my favorite pictures of Alivia being so cute that I copied off your website in & along with your program from the funeral in both of my girls photo albums so they can never forget who Alivia was & why we spent a year or more praying that Jesus would heal her every night. Please know that our family hasn't forgotten you & that we still & always will pray for you both.

Love,
Hannah Byers

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily, my dear, here I am, tears streaming, having just read yesterday's blog. Don't know what made me go to it. Spirit lead, perhaps. Yes, I know Livi was on loan, but the time was too short. You know haw much love was crammed into that short time though we didn't know how brief it would be. Our love for our Lambiekins will never end. How bittersweet that love is that we cannot express it the way we would want. It is ther, though for you and James, and all our family who grieve. Alivia, we miss you more than words can express but trust that you are experiencing joy beyond our understamding. Your sweet innocence was our delight. You were a treasure we will always cherish in memory. Love unendin, Marmie

5:53 PM  
Blogger Joe.Karen said...

Dear Emily,

Nope, I don't mind. And please know that your family is in our prayers. God bless.

Love,
Karen

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading the comments on here. Livi Lambiekins...what a sweet nickname.:-) I have many favorite pictures of Livi that I saw while reading this blog this past year, but the one that sticks out most in my mind is the one of her with the white hooded towel on (did Will take that one?...I think so..I would have to look back..it was one of Livi's billion uncles that took it). Keep the tributes coming....

Love,

Caroline

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she was so blessed to have you as her mommy and daddy. -Sue F.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to post on here yesterday that I have been curious for a while how Nora knows both you and James? She mentions in the letter to Alivia that she remembers James at 10 and then remembers meeting you in college years later. Is she a family friend of the Haugherys who met you while you and James were dating?

What an amazing letter she wrote. It is so sweet and so profound at the same time (almost like a tribute you would hear written by a professional writer). I would love to find out how Nora has been tied in to both you and James all these years. What a special tribute to a special little girl.....

Love,

Caroline

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home