Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

From Jess S.

Jess wrote this on her blog shortly after Alivia died. She is the mother of Nyah (who is in the photo with Livi and who Livi was in love with. She called her NyNy) and the wife of Neil (who we've both been friends with since we were kids) and my great friend.


For those of you who may not know, some very good friends of ours had their precious baby girl pass away this past friday (july 6th) after a long battle with Luekemia. She was two years old and super cute! We only wish we could have had more visits with the Haughery family. Thank you for everyone who has been praying for James and Emily and Alivia when most of you didnt even know who they were. They are trusting in the Lord now that their baby girl is in a better place and its such a blessing to see how James is taking care of Emily and really being a strength for her through this very hard time. I really commend them for their faith through out this whole process and the way that they unconditionally loved Livi through all the hardest times imagineable. Please continue to pray for them, that God would overwhelm them with a peace and that they would be cared for by family and friends.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing to witness such things as the love between you and James and the love you had for Alivia. Sadly, this kind of love can't be taken more for granted in this world, but the love in that you all treasured in your little family (you, James, and Alivia) and the love you treasured outside the walls of your home with the Allens and the Haugherys both near and far is a very, very rare gift. That isn't even mentioning the love of the most amazing friends that you had surrounding you through all of this. What a blessing that so few people rarely get to witness in a lifetime. Thanks so much for sharing your lives with us in both the good and the bad times.

Love,

Caroline

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your love and faith are two things that stand out during these past months. You should be very proud to have such positive things said about your family and the way you have handled Livi's passing. No one ever thinks of how they would handle such a situation, but through your testimony and sharing, I would hope I would handle it in a similar way as your family has. You have shown great strength during your weakest moments. You have shown positive when everyone else only saw the negative. You have been such an encouragement to others, as others have been encouraging you. I often think of you and little Livi, and pray for you as you go through all those "firsts". Praying, Beth Fulmer

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily and James,
Our hearts go out to you as you deal with the loss of your precious Livi. I have been im-pressed with the courage it has taken to share your love and concern as well as written details during your traumatic experience during Livi's illness. You and your whole family are in our prayers.
Since I don't have your address, I'll send a copy of a poem to your grandmother that was sent to us when our son died in 1986. It really helped us.
Blessings,
Doris Aldrich -
(Adear friend of Loretta's)

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a few days and I'm glad I did. I think of Livi often and pray. I think about Gigi and Pa; Cynthia and Bill; Marmie, Lisa and the Pete's. I think of the touching words of Livi's 6 Uncles and how much she was loved by so many. I hope that you all are well and that time will help heal you all.
Love, Betsie

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. Thanks for sharing what others have said about sweet Livi.

Love,
Amy

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

erin sargent

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home