Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

My boy

Last year at this time I was anxiously awaiting the call to say your birth mom had gone into labor and I could come get your. I was also getting ready for my baby shower. I couldn't have been more excited and ready to see you, little man. Little did I know that I would get the call that very day. You came quickly and I got to hold you moments after you were born. I loved you the second I set eyes on you and couldn't wait to be your mommy.

Today you are one somewhere. It's been 11 months since I got to hold you, 11 long, lonely months. I wish I had a magic mirror into your world so I could check on you and make sure you are safe and sound. I miss you always. I wish I got to be the mommy who held you every day. Instead, I'm the mommy you'll never know you had, but the mommy who prays for you all the time. Love you so much little man.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Manz said...

My heart hurts for you. Praying for Griffin with you today.
In His love,
kendall

2:56 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Dear Emily,

I was touched by this line: "Instead, I'm the mommy you'll never know you had, but the mommy who prays for you all the time."

We all need people regularly praying for us. Loved ones who have a special place in their heart for us. How blessed Griffin is to always have you going before the Lord on his behalf.

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray you will feel the Lord holding you close.

Love, Vicki Gold

5:55 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Oh Emily, My heart breaks for you and I cry as I type this. You have been through so much and I think of you and James often and wonder how you are. Those pictures of you and Griffin are so beautiful and I'm so sad that you can't celebrate his one year birthday with him. I pray that God will bring you peace.
With love, Vicki

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Michelle L said...

I remembered his birthday is in October and I've been clicking in this site to look for a post this month. I cannot believe it's been a year since this all took place. I was thinking of you even though I've never met you and just as you're praying for the baby boy you cannot see, I'm praying for the friend I've never met.

11:54 PM  
Blogger KathyG said...

My heart is aching along with yours as well! I am so sorry you have been through so much pain. It is not right! Prayers and love.
Kathy

12:49 AM  
Anonymous grande aunt lisa said...

Luv ya, Emily!

GAL

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still remembering you and James, Emily, and praying for you. Still unable to fathom the unfairness of your circumtances - and praying for your peace.
God bless -
Cathy S.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a darling he was...so big and wide eyed. i loved every minute we had him...and felt crushed for you when you had to "return" him. your house had again had a beautiful child...such life. such a loss. i love you....mom

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for so long now. I am still amazed and inspired by your strength. I am praying for you and think of you often.

Blessing from your Canadian Friend

7:51 PM  
Blogger Moriah Freeman said...

that brought tears to my eyes. thinking and praying for you emily. i cant imagine your pain, but you are so strong. keep hanging in there!!!!

much love

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home