Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Night

We are getting a pass for the afternoon tomorrow. I am so excited and a bit nervous. We have to be really careful of germs and how do I do that outside the hospital. Never thought I would be nervous to LEAVE this place. We will be back here later tomorrow afternoon.

Today was a nice day. We spent some time laughing and enjoying our girl. She is getting more and more personality and is busy making us all laugh and being oblivious to her illness. She is still terrified of any and all medical staff. All someone has to do is walk in the room and she starts to cry. But there have been a few times that she actually stopped crying during a vitals check so that is progress of some sort. We barely had to interact with the medical staff today. They have weaned her down to one antibiotic and she is down to 10ml an hour from 50 originally. She even took 3 naps today. all shorter than at home but we are getting closer to a normal schedule.

The nurses here are so amazing. We have been blessed. We would love to have people write them very breif thank you notes and sign them friends of Alivia Haughery. If you want to do that you can send them to us and we'll get them to the nurses. We also have a list of some of the names of our nurses in case you want to include them (Karli, Emily, Natalie, Michelle, Erin, Amanda, Katie, Tom, Ed, Barbara, Amanda (different one), Melanie) That way you can address a specific nurse or all of them. Also if anyone wants to make cookies or some sort of treats for them that would be great too. Thanks. God has just used them to bless us so much. They are always coming to see if they can get anything for us or do anything. And we noticed that you never pass one of them in the hall without getting a smile. Just a bright spot in our day.

Her vitals have remained perfect. Continue to pray that they don't change. Her white blood cells are back to 75 thousand. And she is her happy self. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Thanks for today...
William for putting the pictures on blog for me. I am so computer illiterate it's a wonder I can figure out how to blog...oh yea I started this blog 3 times before I really figured it out.
Cards from Mike and Destiny, The Knutsens, Jill P. (from my dad's work), Scott and Bev, Benjamin Kim (Livi doesn't know how to react to cute boys yet either thats why she always cries!), Fairy Godmother Beth and Milt and Ann Eckman. She opens them herself and then tries to chew on them. A very fun distraction for a bit.
My mom for being a little rug for our room so Alivia can play on the floor. And for all the other amazing things she has done for me this last week. I could never do this without my mom. I will write more about her later...right now I might start crying if I start.
Andrew and Aaron for the stuffed frog. Her stuffed animal collection is so great.
Kirk, Holly and Ryan for the lamb and balloon. She loves balloons and just laughs when she sees it.
Cory for making an amazing dinner for my husband, dad and brothers. They have been raving about it. You must give me the recipe. And for letting us use your house for Easter dinner tomorrow

Happy Easter everyone. We will be enjoying the afternoon at the Bookers. We'll try to post a picture of the Easter dress. We thank God for you all every night (not by each name because that would take a really long time and we have to sleep sometime.)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Emily,
I finally figured out how to get this blog thing, and i just want you to know that i have been praying so much for you and Alivia. I seriously cant get it out of my mind, and every time i think about it, im lifting her up to Jesus in prayer. I will be up to visit as soon as i can.

"Fear not, for i have redeemed you. i have called you by name, you are mine. when you pass through the waters, i will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not conume you ... because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and i love you ... fear not, for i am with you."
isaiah 43:1-5is

i love you so much and wont stop storming the gates of heaven for you.

love rebekah

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily just went to bed; I'll be heading off to the Ronald McDonald Room soon myself. I don't believe this has become our lives. Yet we now "chat" leukemia with other parents. I went to a store today to get a rug for Livi's floor so she can sit to play with toys. So normal...Our Allen family was here today. Lots of laughs, Pete was a dunce in high school...now a school counselor! I wasn't present for the medical update today...nice not to hear about eoseinphils (sp?), bone marrow transplants...who wants to hear about that?
"We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, BUT we REJOICE in our sufferings because we know that sufferings produce preserverance, perserverance, character, and character, hope. Can I rejoice in my daughter and beloved grandaugter's suffering?, which is now owned by me too? Surely not, but God has called me into this. I pray to REJOICE in this for HIS SAKE..this is surely an impossible feat. We need your prayers, thank you, thank you, thank you for them. You will never know how we have been held up by them...thank you.
Cards from Joni Cairns, Randy and Jerlene Wolfe, the Moore's, Destiny Bab and Mike Bell...and calls from Kristi, Briana Almengore, Jamie, Heather, Luke (Papa McKelvy) "He gives and takes away, ...my heart WILL CHOOSE to say, BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD! That is what I want to chose, Lord help me.
My boys have been here, what a blessing. The sun shone today, another blessing. Gigi

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now after the Sabbeth, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdelene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord decended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His apppearence was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has RISEN, as he said."
Matt. 28:1-6a

Happy Easter
Stephen

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to end; they are new EVERY morning GREAT is your FAITHFULNESS.- Lam. 3:22

Yippee a lunch pass!!! I am so excited for you!!! I hope today is a special Easter for you and your family. I know it will be as you probably #1) are so grateful for eachother and will love spending time to together #2) Even more keenly aware of Christ's sufferings and the miracle of his resurrection!
We love you. We love you. We love you! We are praying for you! I keep singing the above verse for you and Livi each day.
I will definitely be praying that the germs stay far away from precious little Livi. So good to hear that her personality is perking up!!!
Have a wonderful day...looks like I will be able to come up tomorrow for a visit!!!! Can't wait to see you!

Love, Les and the Yoder clan

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys will be able to get out today as a family and spend easter together! Have a wonderful day. I am praying for your family, and that the miracle for livi will happen! With God all things are possible!!!

Love,
Moriah Freeman

8:51 AM  
Blogger beth said...

dear emily and gigi (i will never ever be able to call you 'grandma'),
i love you both so much... you two are incredibly amazing. your faith is so honoring to our God.

(thank you william for the adorable pictures!)

i really really hope to see you soon and won't stop praying for you "till kingdom come".
love,
bethie

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily and family,
The message of the Easter sermon today was, "The King has one more move!" I couldn't help but think of how our King is walking you, step by step, through this ordeal, and how you have glorified Him in every word and deed. Surely, the faith you continue to show will be winning hearts for HIM!
Bless you all! Jill P.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Gretch,
I am so well acquainted with (as we talked about yesterday) the struggle in the thoughts you jotted down here for us to read. Want you to know ya'll are as you always have been such a testimony to me to the power of God upon one's life. What a special family ya'll are, and my prayer is that you are nearly staggered by the awareness of the grace of God upon your lives. I pray you are recounting time after time how God has "shown up" in the Allen family. And, I pray you are laughing a whole lot, too!!

My guys (all three) looked so handsome today, all in different colored pastel polos. If I had a digital, I'd send you some photos. As most holidays seem to go for my family, it was not without event. Judah had some sort of allergic reaction to ???? We are still trying to figure that out. His eye and face swelled up, bumps all over and boy, was he scratching. So, a trip to the store, a tsp. of Benadril, and a bath later, he is now sleeping peacefully up in his bed! :) So much for easter egg hunts!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily and James, but especially Emily because she's a fellow Mom......I just wanted you to know that we are praying for you all, every day. Emily.. your thoughts and comments are so honest, yet filled with faith, that they provoke me in the best possible way. Please know that you are in our hearts and that we are waiting expectantly for news of a complete healing! The Swartz Family

4:33 PM  
Blogger beth said...

Happy Easter :)

praying you have a blessed day.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You do not know me, but we have a mutual friend in Dorah Jean. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and Alivia and your husband. Remember that God is not surprised by this and He has Alivia in the palm of His hand! Peace and Grace to you.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily & family,

I sure hope you had a wonderful time today! The weather here was great and we could be outside, and I was thinking about how nice it would be for Alivia to get some fresh air today. You are in my thoughts constantly and most of northern WV is praying for Livi.

Tomorrow brings on the full swing of hospital craziness. My prayer is that the doctors would have some definitive answers as to what is ailing Livi and that treatment could immediately follow.

Is there a specific address I can send things to? Is your home one okay, or should I forward to the hospital? I really like the idea of sending thank-yous to the nurses. Emma loves to be artistic, so I'm going to let her create some masterpieces.

Love you,
Beth Chase

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good evening Emily and James-
Happy Easter! i hope the day pass went well with your families.

today we sung a song. . .the verse something like this.. .

"and You reign, You reign over all. . ." it made me think about what all God reigns over and he really does reign over ALL things on the earth and the heavens. He reign over my sin, over lost souls, over disease, families, sickness, our health, our marriages, and he has conquered death.
have a wonderful evening!
love you-jamie and lyndon

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home