Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Daily wrap up.

Every time I see the Dr. in the hall I get nervous. I feel like I might get sick. Those are moments that I need to remember to pray hard and not let my thoughts take over but instead turn to the Lord. I can so quickly become faithless and start relying totally on the words of man and not God. Today I had no reason to be nervous. There was no new news. Instead still no results but now they are leaning towards a "syndrome". He said that if that is the diagnosis that it will be through a process of illiminating all other options. He even mentioned possible sending us home since they aren't doing anything treatment wise right now. I can hardly believe my ears. I am trying to just remain steady and not get too excited. It would still mean chemo but a watered down version. Can you even believe it? So now we are hoping that all the genetic tests come back negative tomorrow. We will at least be here till Sunday and maybe longer if the tests come back positive but today ended up again. God is doing a mighty work.

Here are my thanks for today....
the super cute Rabbit and card from the East Pike Administration office (my dad is so touched by his co-workers love), the box of fun from Shannon (Livi had a good time empting and re-filling the box), the talking cell phone toy, light up flowers and other goodies form Leslie (my favorite part of it all was seeing your face), a great dinner and visit with Keith and Tracy Felizzi (our care group has cared for us so well) Cards from Jim and Jean McClements, Chris and Stephanie Freeman, Randy and Jerelene Wolfe, The Mike's, Joni C. and 2 of her favorites uncles Andrew(who is flying to see us tomorrow) and Aaron (Super Tramp almost got a smile during a vitals check) We can't wait to see all of our family tomorrow. We have hung up every card that is sent, loved every gift, read every post and just felt loved from every direction.

Continue to pray that all of her organs are functioning normally (the doctor says he is amazed they are so great right now....they could be all doing horribly but are as normal as they can be...some are just a little larger than normal.) Pray that the rest of the tests come back negative and that she will only need the watered down chemo. And pray that we get to go home.

This week has been a rollercoaster and I have learned so much about all of my lack of faith. I am very weak and so quick to question and doubt. God has blessed me with all of you who constantly remind me to place all of my hopes in the Lord and not in the words of man. Keep it up. Good Night

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see your face too!!! Your strength amazed me. I came home and was just sooo tired...probably from the emotional roller coaster that is Penn State Hershey Medical Center -floor 7. Whoa! I heard you speaking in a different language...oxygen counts, iv's, intubation, extubation....I saw you reach out to other hurting moms and families...I heard you laugh and crack jokes...I saw you cry...I saw you be an awesome mom to your baby girl. You have a heavy load to carry right now...and by God's grace you are carrying it.
This latest news is encouraging...wouldn't it be great just to be back home???
Enjoy your family tomorrow.
Get some sleep on the super-cozy couch! Ha-ha just a joke...don't fall off, you could break something on that hard old floor!!!!
We are always thinking of you and praying for you!!!
Les and the fam

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to tell you...got my "grief bacon" on tonite at Jeff's parents...it was bad!
Les

10:58 PM  
Blogger beth said...

love you and am praying for you all... hope your time with your family is blessed.
xxoo,
bethie

11:32 PM  
Blogger beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, first let me say that Alivia, James and you are on my mind non-stop. And, I am addicted to your blog. It is now on my favorites list at work. So my day goes something like: trade, news, blog,pray , trade, news, blog, blog, blog, news...(you get the point).

To brighten your day I would like to leave a meaningful haiku:

Moses is stinky!
Darn dog won't leave me alone.
I love my Mo Mo.

(Les said I have better ones deep within. So here is the super meaningful one I should have written in the first place)

Crazy moon so bright
Did you see it full tonight
Makes me think of cheese

Yes! rockin'

amen.
Jeff Yoder

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home