Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Day -6


Sufjan Stevens


this is going to be a much shorter post than originally intended. I started this over 2 hours ago but between Alivia waking up twice, a bottle, looking at the moon and the computer going to sleep before I posted (I had to start all over) I'm tired but wanted to post a short something.
I intended to post one photo a day but she keeps giving me photo ops so here are a few from today.


Eating pudding for breakfast and being cool while doing it. (yes I said breakfast)

Wearing D-dad's (Bill, James' dad) glasses the cute way.

Showing Mr. Moon to Grover (Gigi and Pa taught her to look for Mr. Moon and now she's teaching Grover.)

Tonight at 4 am is our last dose of Busulfan. Then tomorrow around 10 the cytoxin starts. They aready up-ed her IV fluids to get ready for the new meds. It can be really hard on the bladder so they need to flush it quickly. Thin line between having it in too long and not long enough. That means we are changing diapers (while wearing gloves) very often.

Pray that tomorrow isn't bad. Pray that she doesnt' have bladder issues, nausea, or other complications. Pray that it is just as peaceful and easy going as today. Pray that she sleeps. She is still having problems with that. She wakes up crying a cry I've never heard before and she is pretty hard to console. Then once she is consoled she doesn't want to go back to sleep.

Thanks to the grandparents (Pa, Gigi, D-dad and Nan) for all your hard work (laundry, early mornings, toxic diapers, 3 high chairs, getting such great presents) and care. We would be lost without you 4. I cant' imagine how anyone gets through this without a family like mine. Its hard enough with. I (we) love you guys so much. Thanks to Uncle John, Uncle Chris and Uncle Will for the books on tape. She adores it and we listened to it 10 plus times tonight. It's nice to hear your voices. Feels a bit like home. Love you guys.


20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,James,& Alivia,
I am praying for you all.
Yes I will pray for your requests.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear James,Emily,and Alivia,
We are here in Lititz calmly anticipated the Lord's Day, and what He will do for us, and with us today, finding it hard to relate to all you are going through. But we know our God can relate, and we will offer up our prayers for you this day. The Freemans are coming for dinner today, and we will include you with our prayers with them also.

The other half of "Lois S."

5:54 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Praying especially hard today. You'll have a lot of extra prayer behind you after the morning reminders at services. Little Livi is on so many lists. Thousands will be lifting her up to the Lord right around the time she begins the next meds. :) Talk about timing. You all have been my last thought and prayer at night and my first thought and prayer each morning. Praying, praying, praying.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers, as always. I'll be thinking of the cutie today and hoping that her switch over is going great.

Natalie Murdick

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a few minutes before heading to church this morning, so just want to say again that you all continue to be so much in my thoughts and prayers. Emily, when you posted so late last evening (i.e. after I went to bed) I figured it had been an extra hectic day. In the midst of everything that is going on, I hope that YOU are trying to get rest whenever you can. You have hung in there with such strength (why does the phrase "filled with the Holy Spirit" keep popping into my head??), but we certainly would not want you to become ill during all of this. Continue to lean on the Lord and the love of all the people who can be there to help you, so you can stay strong too. God bless. I will continue to remember you all and to pray.
Cathy S.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU are always on my mind and in my heart--
GOD BLESS LITTLE ALIVIA
ALWAYS PRAYING
P Miller

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We prayed for Livi in our Sunday Class at 10:30 this morning that everyone involved with the care of Livi would be guided by Gods' hands and that all goes well with the new meds and God's perfect timing. We will continue to pray for you daily.
C Curry

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i especially like the pic of livi with upside-down glasses. cute! and her showing the moon to grover! how sweet. will pray. xoxo love

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the whole Indiana Gideon Camp is praying for Alivia and the whole family.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be up at 4am, and will be with you in prayer.

Tom Bueche

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought you might like to know that I have a friend in Asia who has been thinking about you a lot. She works with a lot of miracle babies who were born with health problems. Some have been healed through surguries; some have been healed inexplicably, and some have been healed through a combination of both. All of these little ones were orphans, some had health problems so serious that they were expected to die, but their Father knew exactly how to take care of them. And He provided for them when it was impossible . . .

Alicia Joy LeBlanc

With God all things are possible.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Lifting you up in prayer to our GREAT God who can comfort like no other....

God Bless you and your sweet little Livi,

Audrey Drago

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had to leave another message -this time when I opened your blog I heard the music for the first time! Thanks for including that - it sounds so uplifting. Hoping YOU feel lifted up! God bless -
Cathy S.

8:56 PM  
Blogger beth said...

I am praying...
love you,
beth

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sufjan...good choice. Praying like crazy!

Love, The Yoders

10:00 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Okay, the music just made me fall into a heap of tears over here! Listening to that song and seeing those pictures will have me crying for the rest of the night. I was already an emotional mess today...we celebrated Jude's birthday and God's goodness!!! Oh, Em, I will be lifting Livi up tomorrow as she starts on this new stuff. And I am praying for peace for her tonight as she sleeps.

I love you!
Julie

10:49 PM  
Blogger KimberlyPetras said...

Emily, James and Alivia,
Just checking in to see how Alivia is doing. I'm glad to see things are going rather well. Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I am loving the photos!

Much Love,
Kimberly Petras

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song is perfect... Life. Here in the valley of the shadow of death, there is so much life! And hope. And celebration. No fear of evil is welcome. We choose to live life as long as God grants it and thank him for each moment.
Aunt Marcy

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, you continue to amaze me!! You, James, and Alivia are in my prayers often. What a comfort to know that the Lord loves you all more than we do! I will keep praying for sleep, sleep, sleep for your little lady. Joni Cairns P.S. Gretchen, I'm praying for you too, my friend!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for each issue you mentioned. We'll pray that the nurses will say, "This isn't what usually happens!" We'll pray to our Lord who says, "Ask, and it shall be given you...seek and you shall find...knock and it shall be opened to you."

I love you guys,
Kristi

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home