Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Day +26

Livi finally seems to be adjusting a bit to the NG tube. They stopped the NG feeds because of all the poop problems. It has been much better since. WE are going to slowly start to give her meds orally, no where near as fast as last time. ANd then we can use the NG tube as a crutch. Then in a bit if she is taking all the meds they will star to try the really important meds orally. For now they will continue to be IV. That way we are sure she is getting them and we don't get used to using the tube for the most important ones. (cyclosporin and steriods). We will probably be discharged around the 15th and go to the home here in Hershey until our house is ready sometime after the 21st. If you volunteered to help and havent' been called or know how to do construction and want to help please contact us. (call Bill, James or post a comment and we'll let you know what is needed)

Here are some pictures.
Alivia decided to decorate my face with stickers.


She got bunny ears as a present and and everyone has had a chance to wear them...but she looks the cutest by far.


We let Alivia play with the toilet paper since no one is allowed to use the bathroom. She was making nests for all her stuffed animals.


Karen Lin made Livi a hat to match her Zoe slippers. She loves it and has to wear it with her slippers.


Here are the dancing grannnies entertaining Livi.



I have a ton of thank you's since I haven't done them in a bit.

Thanks to Marmie and Lisa for making my weekend perfect. I've missed you ever since.
Thanks to Sonya, Bekah and Hollis for making me laugh harder than I have in a while. You girls are the best and I am blessed to have such good friends
Thanks to....
Melissa Nibert for the books, stickers, hat and cutie outfit. Can't wait till she can wear it.
King Jude
Laura Bol
Pa..for the movies that Livi is enjoying so much
The Williams famiy for the finger puppets...she loves them and talks to Elmo all the time
Jenn VanBuskirk, Jeff Eaton, Callen, Mishelle and Peter VanBuskirk for the bubbles, headbands, windmill, stickers and bunny ears.
Grace United Methodist Church
Mary Ann Kisic for the card and stickers
Eisenhower Elem All Star Basketball Tournament
Joe and Karen Lin for the stickers and cutie patootie hats
Lynn and Denny Templeton for the craft, stickers (we used half of them already), Eggs, Bunny ears and super generous gift cards
The Rosenbergers for the movies, my all time favorite candy, the easter egg craft, the magic grow sponges, and the generous gift.

thank you for helping me with the nurses gift...
The Kruest family
Amy Fideli
Claudia Curry
The Tourist Inn

13 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

Yippy! I checked several times tonight and thought I'd go back one last time before I fall over from exhaustion. You were here!!! It was great to see the pictures and hear how things are going. I'm glad it's going a little better and that you might be going home soon. Hallelujah!

The toilet paper nests...too cute! Jude would be in Heaven if he were allowed to do that, so I will not show him that photo. He continues to talk about "E-vah" whenever he is sitting at the table. He laughs every time I point to her picture.

Love you, miss seeing you, praying for you...
Julie

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Alivia is adjusting to the ng tube and that things are going better for you. The thought that you may be going home soon is exciting. It must mean that things are looking good. I am excited for you! My Kindergarten class asks about Livi nearly everyday. A few parents have asked me who the baby is that their child talks about and wants to pray for everyday. They were happy to hear that Livi may be going home soon.
Your pictures are great. Livi looks so cute in the orange hat! How adorable!
I am glad that you got the cards for the nurses. Sue Brown prepared the ones in the sealed envelopes. I want to make sure to give her credit for her hard work. Still praying for God's best for Livi and your family.
Have a joyful Easter
C. Curry

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you have besides still waters, and this morning, page 59, was very encouraging as i thought and prayed for you. i think it would bring you comfort if you get a chance to read it.

love you guys. alivia is so cute emily. she is so cute its almost too good to be true.

bekah w

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the photos and the updated blog-
Livi looks like she is getting busy again .. great sign--
Loved the toilet paper photo--
too cute--
God Bless your day -- I hope it brings many smiles--
Grannies keep dancing :-)
YOU ARE THE BEST !
GOD'S BLESSINGS
Phyllis

8:08 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So glad there is an end to the hospital stay in sight. I will be praying hard that things come together for your house. No place like home, and I'm sure that you are missing it terribly. So glad that Alivia is adjusting to the NG tube...hope each day that passes she is happier and happier. Praying still for her healing.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fuzzy hat. Too cute.

Praying for you all.

Love, Yoders

9:25 AM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

That Zoe hat is great. Thanks for always posting fun pictures.

Praying for you,
Adalie Plain

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pix!
Favorite is hat...no, ears...no, hat...no, ears...Oh, I love them all!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you guys already!! Hope all is going well today and all the foam is being put to some serious use! Hope Gigi found some decent socks today....otherwise she might be really chilly! See you guys Wednesday...so far away!!! Have a wonderful, awesome, fantastic, fun, happy, great weekend!
Love,
Manda
PS...Emily, seriously, go shower already....I can smell you all the way from home!! :)

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back from my moening appt. Viewed the pictures before I left and had such good pictures in my head all morning. Soooo cute, always!!!!!Go , dancing grannies, go !!!You are too much of a good thing, as if there were such a thing as too much fun for Livi. Dancing feet are happy feet, I think. Wish I could join in. Was fabulous being with you on the weekend. Marmie

12:53 PM  
Blogger beth said...

praying and praying
love you

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me but.....I saw the article in the Merchandiser some time ago. My husband and I came in to the donor drive to be signed up for the bone marrow registry. I was moved to come for two reasons, first God works in amazing ways and second if this were my child, I would want the whole world to come. I have four healthy children, my youngest who is just a few months younger than Alivia. I checked out your blog site on a link from the other site that was in the article. For some reason, the Lord brought you to mind today and I was reading through your blogs. God used it to remind me to be super grateful for all the seemingly mundane things I do daily for my family. All the things you wish you could do. God has laid you on my heart, which is why I decided to post (along with the nudge from your dad that appealed for comments!). I will be praying for you.
Mommy to Daniel, Timmy, Grace and Leah (West Hempfield)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still reading, still praying - so glad to hear that things are settling down with the NG tube and the discharge and home preparation. So glad things are calming down a bit there. Thank you God that the chaos has abated and given everyone there a chance to catch your breath. Just thinking of you and hoping you can have a happy Easter too.
Cathy S.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home