Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Day +19

This will be short as I am tired and it was a long evening. Livi is sleeping peacefully after another 3 and 1/2 hour rocking session. She just doesn't want to miss anything. She falls asleep for a second and jerks herself out of it. Also the steriods don't help any but make her jittery.

I visited with my dear friend Leslie today and it was so nice. Thanks Les for the fun. I know I have mentioned friends visiting over the last few days but we are not having a lot of people in and out of the room right now (besides doctors, nurses and family/close friends) I know many of you would like to see Alivia right now but for her safety we are limiting the number of people she comes into contact with. We are not even at a point where she is allowed to leave the room. When she is completely cleared of all of this (in a year or so) we'll have to have everyone come visit. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks to everyone who made diaper rash suggestions. We have all the doctors and nurses involved and are using Stomahesive, No Sting Barrier Film and Criticaid. It is what the skin doctor recommended. No over the counter stuff works anymore and even Triple paste is useless. Because of her WBC count and the after affects of the chemo it is very hard for her skin to heal right now. She spends most of her days sans-diaper and has a standing daily appointment with the skin doc till it starts to clear up. Prayer is the best thing you can do for her right now.

I will post pictures tomorrow and do the thank yous then too. I need some sleep.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess i am your first post of the day....I should stay up till 2am more often. I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am thinking of you every minute that I am not with you. Smooches for you and Livi.

Love James

1:46 AM  
Blogger Steph B. said...

Emily,
This morning I was reading in Psalms for my devotions. I was reading about being a light to those around us. I pray that God will use you during this time. That you will not only be a light for those there in the hospital but also for those who read your blog. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND LITTLE LIVI!!! You are in my prayers daily.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds as if YOU could have used a little soothing and rocking yourself after such a long day! Will keep praying for that stubborn rash. It has to be frustrating that the treatment that cures also brings such difficult side effects. Thinking of you and yours as always. God bless -
Cathy S.

7:16 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Emily, James, and Alivia,

Still praying. I hope that your rest last night was full, even if short. I think of you often and, as always, pray for you when I do. Praying especially, that each day brings more promise of Alivia's complete healing, so that one day this will be nothing but a memory for all of you.

Christi

8:34 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Emily,

You are brave, even posting everything that is happening on your blog. It is very "easy" for people to want to speak into your life when you put yourself out there (sometimes in ways that you don't desire), but I think it is commendable that you persist to let us know how Alivia is doing and how we can pray! Thank you for doing that!

What? I was planning a party in Alivia's room for this weekend? You don't WANT the whole world and their filthy germs in your sick baby's room? I don't understand...ha! I think it's great that Leslie could come spend some time with you! She's good stuff.

Love,
Julie

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You don't know me, but I have followed your blog everyday since August. I just wanted you to know that people everywhere are praying for you and your darling Livi. Your faith and faithfulness are a true inspiration.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that we regularly lift you all up in prayer. A particularly dear prayer was offered for Alivia last evening by Lydia (3 years old), that God would "make her bottom all better, like everyone else's bottom". So be it - truly.

Love and prayers,
the Eckmans

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Eckmans!
I am laughing and crying at your post!
God bless your little Lydia!

God bless Alivia!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Bueche said...

Lydia probably should have listed a few exceptions in her prayer. If Livi had a bottom like mine, it would be very difficult for her mommy to buy clothes that fit right. :)

We're all hanging in there with you James, Emily and Alivia; still reading, still praying.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thoughts for Happy Bottoms! Praying Praying Praying for peace and sleep for all of you.
Love, Jessica

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Yes, Yes, gets lots of sleep. I will pray for her diaper rash. You are in my thougths and prayers.

love ya,
moriah

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the "Happy Bottoms" comments really make for fun reading. You probably needed a good laugh. Praying for a "Happy Bottom" too.
Janet S.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home