Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Day +15

Another good day today. Livi's counts were as follows for the nurses amoung us...
WBC-9
Hct- 35.1 (up from yesterday meaning she is starting to produce red cells as well)
Hgb- 11.8 (also up)
Platelets- 31 (down from yesterday. hey are the last to recover after transplant so she will need a tranfusion tomorrow probably...her knees are all bruised from kneeling. when platelets are low you bruise very easily)
ANC- 8100
Neut %90 (woo hoo)

Livi decided naps were stupid today and only took a 15 min one and still stayed up till after 10. She obviously is feeling more and more like herself. She did have fun playing with play doh...in fact here is a picture of Gigi and Livi. They were making eggs and pizza.


Alivia is just exploding verbally. Anyword you say she can say...pretty much. We play and game where we say I bet you can't say....and she says it. Very cute. My Uncle Pete and Aunt Marie came to visit today and before they came she was saying ReRe (Maria) and GUP (great uncle Pete). I'll be sure to get a ReRe and GUP photo for tomorrows blog. I know most parnts think their kids are super smart and I am not the exception. I can't describe it but she does much more and remembers much more than a 2 year old should.

Oh and here is her door. I too the photo from the inside looking out so the words are backwards.



Now some of you may remember a few months ago I can up with an idea to bless the nurses from the clinic. Well I would like to attempt to do the same thing for the nurses here on the floor. They have been so great and made this whole stay a little easier. I don't want to say what it is we did because many of them now read the blog (ladies stop reading this post now so I can be a little stealthy).
Anyway if you want to participate and remember what we did get to it now. If you don't remember you'll have to go back and read the August 2nd post. Again nurses quite reading this cause I know you are still reading. Anyway....this time we don't have as much time as last time and since today is Sunday you could do it today and geet it in the mail Monday. Send it to our hospital address which is
Alivia Haughery
Room 7260
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

And the nurses names are
Karli
Manda
Kim
Becky
Ed
Brooke
Ashley
Kristen
Amy
Deb
Amanda
Kami
Winnie
Theresa
Jodi
Colette
Brandi
Carol
Erin


Also Denise who cleans our room. She really cares and does a wonderful job. We always miss her when its her day off (and end up cleaning the room ourselves)

I may think of some more but my brain is fried right now. And if you want to chip in a buck for something I am going to be getting that would be great. I will post a picture of everything before I give them to the nurses. Thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am telling you -- Livi is just too adorable !
Gretchen, What a LOVELY photo of you and the precious little darling !!!!!!
RE RE how cute-- the little ones used to call my daughter
RE RE--her name is Maria also..:-)
Praying that today goes well for you..
Praying the GOOD COUNTS will rise !
BLESS YOUR HEARTS !
Phyllis

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saying, "Thank you, God!" for all of the good news! It's great to see Gigi unmasked and smiling too - praying for good health for all of you! You might not be able to see the spring flowers budding and blooming where you are, but it sure looks like you have your own little Livi flower blossoming right there in your room. God bless -
Cathy S.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again i must say that i wish i was as artistic as you are emily--seasame street needs to hire you---your "grover" looks amazing!
luv you guys~

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You amaze me!! As you are taking care of your sweet baby girl every moment of every day you take time to try & serve others!! What you want to do for the nurses is just incredible! Thank you for how you are always thinking of others & for how you LOVE your hubby & daughter so much! WOW God is so delighted when He thinks of Emily Haughery! It puts a huge smile on my face when I think of how God is gloryfied through your life! You are a FANTASTIC MOTHER & don't EVER question that! You are a wonderful WIFE & don't EVER question that either! I love how you bubble over of joy during all of this!

I wanted to let you know that I am sending something for you & for your "Project" to bless others! I just finished & I am running down to my mail box right now!

As I sang in worship at CrossWay I was praying for you & thinking of you & wondering what you, James & Livi were doing at that very moment! God is near & loves you so much! You have the sweetest family you loves you very much & friends who love you too! When you feel lonely in Room 7260 remember all those who are praying & all who love you, many who you don't even know! It's so amazing what prayer can do! May God bless you today! Tirzah say's Happy Day!

Love your sister in Christ,
Hannah Byers

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily
I am still laughing out loud at the naps being stupid. (I laugh as I type it too.) You are funny and AGAIN, that is a great gift. All this news is SO exciting. It just makes me want to pray more. Great idea and so simple to do for the nurses - what an important job they have.
D.B.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Holly A.S. said...

Emily and family,
Looks like I'll be at the med center Monday evening. I'm meeting a friend who needs to visit someone and I'll be taking her child, along with Ryan, to the playground behind the cafeteria. We'll probably be there around 6 if you want to visit.
Holly

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise the lord everything is going better!:)I liked the door too, it looked really cute!! I will keep you in my prayers.

love,
moriah

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gretchen, the picts of you and Livi are beautiful!!! She is an adorable little girl. I can only imagine how tough it's been for all of you. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and praying every day. That little girl has more love around her and I know she'll get better and better each day. Bless You All.
Stephanie H.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home