Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Day +28

Livi woke up and used her arm as if last night never happened. Thank God. We are assuming it was a muscle spasm from holding her neck the wrong way. Her day was pretty good. She is definetly ready to be out of this room. We are getting closer to that day. She hasn't had a RBc transfusion since the 28th which is really good. She will probably need one tomorrow but that is going to be the way things are for a while. Some people get RBC's every 3 days for months after transplant. She is also going about 3 or 4 days between platelet transfusion. That is good also and one of the markers they look for for discharge. She ate a bit today and we got her some lactose free ice cream (thanks Mom) and we used some instant pudding mix with lactose free milk to make pudding. She wasn't thrilled about the pudding but ate about 1/3 cup of ice cream. Also she ate about 15 pretzels, a bite of banana, about 5 fruit loops and 7 oz of water. Suprisingly that is pretty good. She is still on IV nutrition at night.

Thanks to
Sue Brown for helping with the nurse gift
Jill Piper and Paula Daskavich for visiting my dad
The Garners for the card and chocolate
Great Granddad and Great Grandmom McClements for the sweet note
The Mikes and the Petes for the cute bathrobe for Livi, San Francisco/Elmo shirt, leggins, chocolate (that is almost gone already) and lady bug purse. Hope you are all having so much fun together. Wish we were there too.
The Stutzmans for the musical card.

17 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

Hugs and kisses! :)

The Garners

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy the day was better for you-- THANK GOD is right !
Praying for you during this EASTER SEASON !
Phyllis

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear that yesterday was better. Praying the arm stays fine and Livi continues to eat better. Lactose-free ice cream - yeah! May God bless -
Cathy

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!! I hope you enjoy it!!! I am praying for you!!!
Pamela Bueche

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that she is eating a little more. I hope that the Easter Bunny can come to see her. Jim is going into Shadyside Tuesday for four days of Cytoxin and then on the 16th he will get his stem cell transplant. He will be in the hospital for approx. 3 weeks. So I can understand what you and your family are going through. Stay strong, things seem to be looking up. Happy Easter!

Joann Smith (IASD)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am counting the days with you.
Margot

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise God... answered my prayer and the prayers of so many others...
continuing to pray...
love you so much
Happy Easter
love beth

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news! xoxo

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad the arm is better. Day +28! Every day is a miracle. Aunt Cheryl

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
Thank God that she is feeling more like herself. I just love the writings of Amy Carmichael. When I read this poem, I thought of you all there with Livi.

O Lord, my heart is all a prayer,
But silent unto Thee;
I am too tired to look for words,
I rest upon Thy sympathy
To understand when I am dumb;
And well I know Thou hearest me.

I know Thou hearest me because
A quiet peace comes down to me,
And fills the places where before
Weak thoughts were wandering wearily;
And deep within me it is calm,
Though waves are tossing outwardly.

Praying that you would experience the deep and restful peace of the Most High today. Love, Janet S.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Bueche said...

We are super glad for some eating and a good left arm.

Another little hurdle behind you; another thing to look back on and encourage your faith!

Tom

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

We are thinking of you all and praying for you.

Had a dream that we were hanging out last night, Em. Everything was just normal...looking forward to that day! :-)

Love, Les for the Yoders

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Easter!!!!!

Love, Heather

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending extra prayers as it sounds like going home will happen soon. Chocolate SOY milk is pretty good not sure if she could have that or not. You guys have shown a lot of courage and strength, thanks for sharing.
Jenny Diab

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for fruit loops and pudding! I'm so relieved that today was a much better day for you and Livvy. Isn't that weird about her arm? Now you know that that strange things can happen that will just resolve themselves. Praise God for His all kindnesses yesterday and today. We pray for more a flood of more.

Happy Easter!
kristi

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a relief. Hope today (Easter) was a reminder of the great promises God has in store for us. I too am counting the days. Sleep well.
God Bless
Diana B.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home