Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, August 13, 2007

By Steve Murphy.

Baby Wivvy
Each night for so long our daughter Lydia has prayed for Ian, for another friend of hers (Ainsley), and for "Baby Wivvy." If we missed one of them, she insisted that we pray for them. Sadly, Alivia passed away this afternoon.

Until our experience with Ian, I couldn't have understood the sadness her parents and grandparents and other family members must feel right now. But, the memories of the sadness we felt those first couple days following his accident haven't faded. We thought we had lost him, and we thought it was only a matter of moments before the doctor came in with the news of Ian's departure into heaven. No analogy can capture the intensity of the sadness; no words can express it.

When I got the news this afternooon when I got home from work, I looked straight in Ian's face and told him again that I loved him. I told him how much I wanted him back.

We're all praying for Baby Wivvy's parents and grandparents and family now. I'm praying that they would find rest in the only One who can comfort them.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These post are amazing. You have such wonderful friends,and I can tell they love you guys so much. You are still in my thoughts and prayers. May God surround you with his love.

love ya emily,
Moriah

8:58 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Em,

Thanks for sharing these. You are so very loved and Alivia is such a treasure.

Praying for you always...
Love,
Julie

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, thank you for posting again when it might be easier to just not. I'm sure this is taking courage and the grace of our Lord Jesus. I can't put it into words, but it was good to click on Alivia's link [from sara r.'s site], and see new posts here. Grace abounds.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Steph B. said...

you are still in our prayers here in WV!!!!!!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still thinking about you and praying for you, Emily. I hope these posts keep coming. I donated platelets today (for the first time) in honor of Alivia. May the Lord give you comfort for today and renewed strength for tomorrow.
Lots of love,
Lisa R.

5:32 PM  
Blogger vandernecks said...

Dear Emily and James, You are in our thoughts and prayers these days, and we think of your precious angel, Livi, so many times, and how lucky she was you are the parents God chose for her, and how blessed you all were to love each other so much, and that love is for all eternity. We are praying the Lord blesses you with peace and grace and the knowledge of how many lives you and your little princess touched- thank you so much for sharing her with all of us. Please continue to share messages when you feel you can- they are so special to read.We know thses days can be unbearable-we lost our dearest young nephew and beautiful young daughter-in-law to cancer- but the Lord is good and he will not forsake you, lean on him when you feel you can not bear any more. Livi is free from all suffering and pain and happy with the Lord now,and still your special angel always. Praying for you, The Vandernecks

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve. I remember the first time I saw you at the hospital after Ian's accident......the devastation on your face was apparent.....and you said to me "Now, I understand about Livi". I treasured that moment.....it is good to be with someone who shares heart pain. We still share that ......... and will until we go home I think. Gigi

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home