Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Night Time

Why are nights always scarier than days? Is it the dark? more tired? Why does every sound she makes seem amplified? The first few weeks she was home from the hospital (when she was born) I would wake up if her breathing changed at all. Now I am back there again. I finally turned the monitor off last night so that I could sleep more than 10 min at a time. I just want to watch her every second but that isn't realistic. I know that I have to trust that God will keep her safe and if something is going wrong I will know. It is so stressful. I keep waiting to get sick myself since my body is being stretched to unbelievable lengths. But so far I remain healthy. I would switch places with Alivia in a second. I would take this disease/disorder/syndrome from her and keep her safe if only that were an option. But its not. So instead I get to try to take care of her the best I can and fall on my knees and cry out for a miracle and not let my fears take over. Balancing act to say the least.

Thanks for today:
cards from Jim and Jean McClements (great grandparents of Alivia), the Snyder family, Rob Allen (great uncle of Alivia), Moriah Freeman and Beth Altrogge (fairy godmother)
Applebee's gift certificate from Josh and Natalie West (cousin of James and his wife) and a huge card, drawings and a framed verse from the Bowden family (aunt, uncle and cousins of James)
I continue to be so greatful for all the support. I have to go Alivia is crying.

9 Comments:

Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Emily,
I know personally what no small act of faith and humility, too, recognizing your own limitations, that was for you to turn off the monitor last night to get some sleep yourself.

Perhaps setting your mind upon this scripture at night might prove helpful:

"...He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you--the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, NOR THE MOON BY NIGHT.
The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your (Livi's) life; the Lord will watch over your (and Livi's) coming and going both now and forevermore."
Ps. 121:3-8

Love you much!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily and James,
When I was praying for all of you this morning, I remembered something that a very wise and Godly woman told me when I was going through an extremely difficult time about 20 years ago. It has served me well to remember it since,when things get hard. She simply said to "glance at the giant but gaze on Jesus." I hope that helps you as it has me.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.Hang in there.
Blessings,
Maryann Plesnicher

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
We have been holding you, your sweet baby dear and your whole family in our hearts and prayers during these days of unrest. We praise God that your hearts run to Him for refuge.
I have read the following Psalm so many times in the past few weeks; I thought it would encourage your heart today.

Psalm 130
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy.
If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord,
more than the watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

Praying for much peace and hope today as you wait on the Lord.
With love,
Janet Borghi and family

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I can only imagine how exhausted you are. Those mom instincts are so great and God-given, but so draining at the same time. God is certainly giving you much grace by keeping your body healthy during this time. Another reason to praise Him.
We continue to pray for you!!!
Love, Les and the family

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

both night & day - may . . .

"God be your refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble".
psalm 46:1

prayers & hugs, mrs.c

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How tired you must be Emily. I will pray for supernatural strength & energy for your days (& nights).

xoxo

9:56 AM  
Blogger beth said...

prayers, thoughts, love and everything else...
beth

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I know I have shared this verse before, but since it has been such a huge source of encouragement for me time and time again I thought it might encourage you again as well (was that one gigantic run-on sentence?!!)

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3

Much love,
Lori

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so welcome. I pray you felt love and comfort for that one little moment. I still pray for you and james and livi.I pray livi will get the miracle everyone is praying so hard for. remember to keep you faith in God, because with him all things are possible! See you at church!

Love,
Moriah Freeman

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home