Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Recap

Since this all started 13 days ago (only 13...I know it seems like a million years ago for us) I have received 425 comments on my blog (25% from Brianna and 25% from Leslie...Thanks for being so faithful to remind me that your there girls. I love all of your words). Some from friends, family, old teachers of mine, co-workers of my parents and strangers. Each one a little reminder that someone besides just us is coming before the throne on behalf of my little ladybug. I could not appreciate it more. Reading just bits of them had me close to tears...Not from sadness but from the relief I have felt knowing that my burden is shared by so many. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever been through. Just knowing that I can say what's in my head and someone will respond and understand makes my days a bit less overwhelming.

I started to go through and write down all the verses that people sent. It amazed me that most of them were not repeated. I thought I would list them for all of you. From Psalms 4:8 (x2), 5:1-3, 23, 27:13-15, 27:14, 32:8, 34:18, 36:5, 40:11, 56:3, 56:8, 73:26, 91 (x3), 113:3, 115:1-3, 121 and 139:5
Isaiah 26:3-4 (x3), 40:10-11 (x3), 43:1-5
1 Thes 5:16-18
2 Thes 1:11-12, 2:16, 2:13-17, 3:5, 3:16,
Ephesians 4 I Corinthians 1:25
Matthew 28:1-6, 8:3 Lamentations 3:22-24(x3)
Romans 5:2-5, 5:6-11, 8:26-27, 12:12 Philippians 4:6-7 (2)
2 Timothy 2:1 James 5:13-15 (x2)
John 15:7 Jeremiah 29:11
Hebrews 13:8 Proverbs 14:26-27
Revelations 5:8, 8:3-4

I didn't make it through all the messages so once I do I'll post anymore verses that I find. Each of these came at good times and helped me so much. Thank you for the poems, jokes, distractions, verses, funny stories, information,advice, and time you spent doing all of these. I am overwhelmed by the love and care I have felt. Thanks again.

10 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

wow that's amazing... and beautiful... God is so caring, loving, and kind. it's amazing to see allll the verses that God has used to speak to you. i love you so much emily (and a ton of other people too!)... kiss your little bug for me :) and your momma too...
xxoo,
bethie

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

thinking of you today and
sending kricinda your way.

kricinda in like you has a baby who is currently getting medical attention. since january 2006 her son, then 18mos, was found to have a mass on his brain - unable to remove the complete mass with surgery chemo is now on the plan for the next few months.

i am sending her carepages link your way - please see the april 19th entry that includes resources that have served her during this time . . . may they be helpful, encouraging and comforting to you.

kricinda has a healthy baby girl due in 6 weeks her name will be cianne - kricinda has been praying for you and i have kept her updated with your entries.

care pages link for Micah Davis -

http://www.carepages.com/home.jsp?seed=528992&ClusterNodeID=1&tlcx1=cnmc&tlcx2=817428

love you - praying for you - mrs. c

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, keeping up with my 25%!!! Just kidding. I love your blog. It is an excellent way to keep us informed as well as to communicate with you as (like our phone conv. during lunch) phone calls aren't always easy right now!
Always praying and always thinking of you!
Love, Les

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-

i am so thankful for the body of Christ and for His word!

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Is 40:8

Enjoy this awesome weather!
love~ jamie

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alivia, Emily, and James:

I really miss Alivia a lot (and you guys a little bit too, but mostly her). I was just thinking that I would have to include her on a list of the World's Top 10 Funniest People. I wouldn't have thought that I would necessarily characterize her as funny prior to this weekend, but, in thinking about times we spent hanging out, I realize I'm always smiling and laughing at how hilarious her antics are.

I'm praying for her (and you guys) frequently. I really hope I can see you three next month sometime.

-Andrew

5:13 PM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

I have had 2 really scary "close calls" with my son, both involving his brain. I totally know how you feel, being surrounded by believers is just a gift in itself. My son was questioning why bad things happen to good people and I explained to him that being a believer does not protect you from pain, it just makes it a whole lot more bearable! We may never know why the Lord chose to give him ( or your baby) these scary medical problems but one thing we do know is He never meant for us to go through them alone. We are continuing to pray, I'm glad you are getting a break from all the excitement.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Geoff and Karla said...

Emily,
It's a blessing to see God's care and comfort for you and your family. The following verses have helped me when I've faced things out of my control. I noticed that Psalm 131 wasn't on your list yet.
Still Parying
Karla Sensenig
Psalm 131
1. O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me.
2. Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.
3.O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Emily -
Your dad was back with us today and brought photos of your dear little Livi. What a charmer! I loved seeing her at her happy Easter gathering....It sounds as if today was better for you. I hope you all have been able to rest more easily since that terrible night of being up every hour....I can only imagine the frustration of watching for every little real or imagined sign of possible trouble. I'm glad your mom is able to be there for a while longer to help.... I continue to pray for peace, strength, and healing there for all of you. God's blessings -
Cathy S.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still thinking of you much. want to call you soon. do you guys need anything? xoxo -tina

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could be no where else on earth but with my daughter, Emily and her Alivia. Today was good...the sun shone, God met me yet again in devotions. And despite some second guesses, which we checked out medically...moving her joints...she seemed much herself. Her little personality has blossomed so much...she is so dear.
Your prayers are the "wind beneath our wings"...sorry so corny, but truly I do not know how we could do this without you all. Emily's church is such a blessing, true servant's in so many ways. It is such a blessing to have this sweet weather and to get outside and stroll around. We went to a park and took an extended walk with Livi in the stroller today. I look at other children, and wonder, are they healthy? Why are we afflicted? Yet, I know it is God's mercy for us somehow...I feel His presence so keenly these days. Though I must pick myself up by the scruff of the neck and drag my distractible mind off to devotions...it has really helped to wrtie out my prayers...my mind is prone to wander.
Funny klutz moment today...made up a "concoction" to wash the kitchen floor, only to have the bucket handle break and me trying to mop up two inches of water all over the kitchen floor. Then a terrible "screeching" beep began, turns out the water seeped through the floor into the basement and got in the fire alarm and set it off. When Emily tried to turn it off, it crashed to the floor. Hye, no one was hurt, and we can always buy another alarm. By the way, the "Concoction" didn't work well anyway...the baking soda left marks all over the floor. I have redone it twice now. It is clean, though. Cleaning is my other therapy...other people's homes are much easier to clean. Hope I am as motivated when I get home. Emily, I will be back soon and often. I love you, you are being a wonderful mother to Livi...the one God hand picked for her. Love, Mom

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home