Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Long day

We made it through today....but it looks like it could be a long night. Everyone has come to listen to her and check her biopsy sights (enough already....just ask the last doc that was in 5 min ago how it looked. Can't we all confer!) Her white cells are up over 200 but that is to be expected from the surgery (or so they tell me) and they are still waiting on the labs about her plateletts to confirm no internal bleeding. All of her sights seem to have clotted as planned and that is reassuring. She is on tylenol with codine and morphine until tomorrow morning and we should probably go home with a prescription for the codine. Right now she is fighting sleep on Gigi's shoulder. She definelty has had enough. As have we all. Its been a super super long day. I can't believe that we've been awake since 4:45. I must be running on fumes. I'm not tired yet but I have a feeling its going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm so thankful that we will be going home tomorrow. (as long as all is well).

Pray that...we get some sleep
the platelets are up and stay up
no internal bleeding
no more oozing from bone marrow biopsy sight
little to no pain for Alivia
positive RESULTS/DIAGNOSIS from these tests. Some sort of answer that is favorable.
strength for all of us.

My dad is heading home tomorrow (he'll be back Friday) and my mom is staying through the weekend. I am so greatful that they are here and have been here. When something is wrong in life you always want your parents and I am so blessed to have parents that are here for me at the drop of the hat (James' parents are the same way!) Aren't we lucky folk.

thanks for today...Viv for the great dinner, Jamie for driving it up here and keeping us company, All the grandparents for being here all day long. And all of you for praying. thanks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Long day is right! Will continue to pray for all those things you listed and very safe travel for all of you. God bless you, dear Emily, and good night!

Kathie K

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you guys! With ya in heart, spirit and mind. Praying for all your needs.

Get to see the 'drew boy tomorrow. Marmie and I will take good care of him.

Hang tough.

Hugs and kisses, Grande Aunt Lisa

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

psalm 46:1
may God be your refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

praying for you.
love, mrs.c

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the specific update and prayer requests. We will continue to pray. Poor little Livi. I hope you were all able to get some rest last night.
I know you must be looking forward to getting home. Let us know if you need anything!
Love, Les

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are constantly in our thoughts & prayers, we continue to pray for good results! You have all have had so much to bear, wish we could be there and do more. We love you all so much, we will be talking to you soon!

Love you!!

"The Pete's"

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just see Alivia giving that LOOK that says "ENOUGH ALREADY!" She is so expressive (like her mom)! We love you guys. James 1:1-3
Aunt Cheryl

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home