Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Ways

Wanted to share what I read in "Beside still waters" this morning.....

My Ways Isaiah 55:8

God has not promised to rescue us according to our time schedule. If it appears that your prayers are unanswered, do not dishonour the Lord with unbelief. Waiting in faith is a high form of worship. In some respects, it excels the adoration of the shining ones above.

God delivers His servants in ways that exercise their faith. He would not have them lacking in faith, for faith is the wealth of the heavenly life. He desires that the trial of faith continues until faith grows strong and comes to full assurance. The sycamore fig never ripens into sweetness unless it is bruised; the same is true of faith. Tested believer, God will bring you through, but do not expect Him to bring you through in the way that human reason suggest, for that would no develop your faith.

God works in a mysterious way, his wonders to perform. He plants His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm. You fearful saints, fresh courage take: the clouds you so much dread are big with mercy and shall break in blessings on your head. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, but trust Him for His grace: Behind a frowning providence Hi hides a smiling face. Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan His work in vain; God is His own interpreter, and He will make it plain.

God has a way of His own. "My thoughts are not your thoughts , nor my ways your ways, says the Lord (Is. 55:8) "stand still and consider the wondrous works of God" (Job 37:14). Obey Him, and that will be far more in accord with your position as a finite creature than that vain attempt to map out a course for your Creator.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Powerful words. I know that these words must comfort you. Not in a worldly sense, but in one which "surpasses understanding". God is definitely bigger and wiser than we and we will probably never understand his ways and reasons until we meet him face to face in glory. Your "fig of faith" has definitely been bruised and will be ripe...an ufathomable blessing. It will be interesting to see how God uses this faith building time in your life in order to encourage and bless others. It will be beautiful I am sure.
Love you! When ya comin home???

Les

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I lifted all of you up to the Lord again as I read your post. Love, Gina Plain

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. What powerful and beautiful words God gave you today! It's such a blessing to see how God continues to speak to you and how you continue to trust in Him. It really is an example to all of us! Thanks again for sharing this and for keeping us all up-to-date on all that's going on with Alivia. I am still praying everyday and your blog helps me be very specific with these prayers. Thank you, Emily.
Blessings,
Laura Carroll

2:07 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Emily,
Funny the day you write something from Beside Still Waters is just the day that I needed to be encouraged by you! :)

We got some hard to swallow news from Judah's opthamologist, the details of which I'll eventually post on his blog.

These words are true and cherished in my heart, even though the bruising sure does hurt, doesn't it? I said for many years before Judah was born that I was not given the "gift of faith", but now I see God's gracious and loving hand giving me the gift of faith through this difficult, uncertain road w/ Judah.

He's giving you this gift as well, and you will stand amazed, as I'm sure you already are, at how and when and upon whom He allows you to share it. Thanks for sharing it with me today!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing. I am following this journey with you, even though not in person. Isaiah 45:3 "And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden wealth of the secret places, In order that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name." Keep seeing the treasures (a kind nurse that is gentle with Alivia, a good report etc.) that God is giving you in this hard time.

Katherine's Millen's sister.
Karen

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. i pray that miracle for livi comes soon! remember to call out to God for help, and he will answer!

lots of LOVE,
moriah

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so honoring God by feeding on the truth of his word. You are an encouragement to us all. Thanks for stirring our faith.
Beejee

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to print your devotional and share it at work. Thanks for the encouragement for all of us!
Love and prayers today,
aunt marcy

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home