Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gotta get a flu shot

We have to get flu shots and caught up on immunizations before the transplant. Those were little things we learned yesterday. Guess we'll be heading to the pediatrician too. Crazy. More doctors visits. At least this one is just up the street.

As time has moved along and we are inching closer to a transplant I find myself sad more often. I can just be sitting opening the mail or reading or whatever and I start to get tears in my eyes. I may see a commercial with a healthy baby rolling around and I wish that was us. I hear someone complain about their kids having an attitude or misbehaving and I think I wish that was my biggest worry. I would trade in a moment. I know this is the life God has planned for me but I definetly struggle with it daily. Why us? This question isn't one that anyone can answer for me. I still think half the time I can't believe this is even happening. I just keep expecting to find out that it was all a mistake and my girl is okay. That they have been testing someone elses blood all this time and Livi is actually pefect. Just a dream I know. James and I have decided to try to say all the things we are thankful for each night before we go to sleep. Believe me this is sometimes much harder than it seems. But it reminds me to be thankful and that I have so much more than I deserve already. Here are a few things I am thankful for....
..James..how hard he works and how much he loves us.
..Alivia..she is precious and funny and the sweetest girl I know
..my parents..they have layed down their lives and been on call whenever we need them. They would say there is no where else they would rather be but it still is amazing to me.
..my friends (ladies you know who you are) they keep me sane. They agree with me when I say this situation is horrible. And they laugh with me and cry with me. Oh and some of them sing karoke with me....love it.
..Marmie..she sends Alivia card every single week. They mean more than you'll ever know.
..all the people who make meals. I can't even begin to explain how much that means. I just can't figure out how to cook anymore. It is such a relief not to have to.
..John, Chris, Will and Jeremy L. You guys make me laugh. You love Alivia (and she loves you too). You spend time with James and I (even though we're old and boring)
..Erin..you have become one of my favorite people. I love when you get home from work. I love hearing about your day and I love how Alivia gets so excited when she hears your voice. Thanks for staying with us.
..anyone who has given toys, writen notes to the nurses or bought a bracelet. These little things show me that people care and are reading what I write and praying for Alivia.
..Cynthia..thanks for coming to the hospital and cleaning. I wasn't good at cleaning before this all started and like cooking its not even a thought anymore.
..everyone who prays for Alivia. We pray constantly cause she's our baby but some of you dont' even know her, or us, and still you take time to pray. Thanks

Thanks my thankful list for right now. Oh and I"m thankful that Alivia took her Gleevac again last night. Even if its not working yet it has the possiblity of working and that gives us some hope.

Gotta run my baby is waking up from her nap.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a precious reminder to me of how thankful I am to be. Love you!
Les

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have started and deleted twice. So many thank yous...so I will be simple for once. Thank you Jesus for letting us have Livi in our lives. Gigi

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for your example of thankfulness, emily, it's convicting to my complaining heart.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was so encouraging emily, thank you...
thank you for honoring Him.
we love you three, kb

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily!
You have a pearl of wisdom and character...to be thankful in the midst of your trial! Just as the Word instructs us to do.
God bless you, dear!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily- your thankfulness is worship to the Lord!

"In worship, God imparts himself to us." - C.S.Lewis

prayed for alivia and you this morning. -jamie

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing we can be sure of is that God is at work in all that is happening right now. You said you are not sure why this is happening. But I do know. This is happening to you for God's glory.

I am praying for you!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

Hey Emily... In addition to the other 3 bracelets we ordered, I'd like another in navy (w/ Livi on it, if we have choice).

We'll be sending the money today or tomorrow. Thanks!

Always praying.
-Adalie

1:02 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Thinking of you today. I am thankful that this beautiful little girl has you, James, your families...what a circle of love there is surrounding her.

Christi

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily:

My heart breaks with you when you ask why this is God's plan for you. I ask myself those questions about things all the time..the just aren't the same things you ask it about. Just know the deeper the pain God calls us to, the greater joy we will have when the whole picture comes in to our understanding.

I am sticking the check in the mail today if the mail lady hasn't already come yet. If she has, I will definitely do it tomorrow. Things are nuts here...Fall Break and we are just staying put because the of the trip we are making to Wisconsin in November...off to Sonic to try to entertain the kids.

Go ahead and place the order right now for just the eight that I have ordered and I will try to sell some more in my bible study group when we return to study from Fall Break.

Love,

Caroline

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious to God are the praises of those who suffer. Sam Privitera sent me these verses when I was awaiting my node biopsies...may it encourage you. Psalm 61
v1 Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
v2 from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint.
lead to THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THATN I
v3 for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.
v4 Let me dwell in your tent forever
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!
v5 For you, O God, have given me the HERITAGE OF THOSE WHO FEAR YOUR NAME.
v8 SO WILL I EVER SING PRAISES TO YOUR NAME, AS I PERFORM MY VOWS (TASKS) DAY AFTER DAY.

My prayers are with you.
Beejee

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home