Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back in 51 West

We are recovering from the broncostomy. It went pretty well...
They didn't do as much as they usually do because each time they went into her lungs her oxygen levels started to drop so they felt she was too fragile (doc's words) to really look around her lungs. But they got the sample they needed. They will culture it and see what grows. In 2 or 3 days we will know the results (fungus, bacteria, virus...What kind of pneumonia...Etc). She was such a trooper. I am amazed by her ability to bounce back. She is watching a Sesame Street Sing-a-long video (her new favorites!) with my parents and being cute little Livi.

Please pray that the she is able to fully recover from the intubation and procedure. during the procedure they squirt a little salt water into the lungs so it will mix with whatever is growing in there and then suck some of it back out. The rest is just absorbed into the blood stream. With kids this makes them cough a lot more and she's already thrown up once. this is normal as she is swallowing everything she coughs up right now. Pray she doesn't throw up a bunch more and is able to clear the fluid and stop coughing so much (usually takes 24 hours). pray for a good nap (we only got about 3 hours last night). Pray that the pneumonia is a pneumonia and not a side affect of the leukemia. Pray it is something treatable and easy to get over...and normal.

Thanks to both of my parents for staying in the overcrowded, cough-filled Ronald McDonald room so that you could help me. The 2 am walk that lasted 2 hours was fun with my dad along. Love you both more than I can say.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so good to hear she responded okay to the testing...praying for your tired eyes, your parents, for His grace to sustain you throughout the day. Hang in there and know you are loved and appreciated! kb

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all today.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Still praying and hoping for the best results.

Much love, Leslie

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hebrews 11
by faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God.

by faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out.

by faith the people crossed the Red Sea as if on dry land.

by faith the walls of Jericho fell down.

now faith is . . .
the assurance of things hoped for,
the conviction of things not seen.


psalm 71
for you, O Lord,
are my hope,
my trust.


psalm 119
you are my hiding place
and
my shield;
I hope in your word.


praying for you today.
love, mrs. c

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got up last night and prayed for Alivia at around 3. I hadn't read the blog for a couple of days and didn't know what was going on til this afternoon. But the Lord knows what you are going through and is waking people up in NY to pray for you and your precious little Alivia. Someday I am going to get to hug her and not worry about giving her germs! Aunt Cheryl

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you i am always asking Pauline how Aliva is doing My thought prayers and love aree with you CORINA
I am Pauline's sister xoxoxo

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home