Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Today has been a pretty good day by hospital standards. Alivia is slowly being weened from the oxygen and we are at less than half of the volume of early this morning. She has been pretty happy today, wanting to play so much and fighting sleep (sounds like my girl, huh?). She was so happy to see Gigi (as were Dad and I). We got a bit more sleep last night too. Her oxygen levels have been good enough that we haven't set off the alarms today...okay maybe once but thats nothing compared to the last few days.

All of the tests for pnemonia came back negative. But our doc said that the test can show a false negative. So for now we are continueing the meds. She most definetly has the flu and another possibility is that the Gleevec is causing problems with her lungs...Pray hard that this is not true...if it is they would have to stop the meds and for the first time since this started her levels are almost normal. Going in to transplant with levels that aren't normal is really really risky so we, of course want the best for her and that means continueing the Gleevec.

Please keep asking if they can bring me anything...well if you really want to bring something, make a snack or dessert with a note of thanks to the nurses. As always they are stellar and I am so thankful for them.

Better go...not sure how much time I have before she wakes up and i'm supposed to be getting a drink for my mom.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to arrive home and to find that things are on the upswing there. Thank you, God! Thank you to Emily too for keeping us up to date. Continuing to pray for Livi and for all of you. Hoping everyone will soon get to go home from the hospital!
Cathy S.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Our ladies prayed for you at Bible Study yesterday. We're Briana's church family. Your darling Alivia is in Great Care.

5:56 PM  
Blogger beth said...

praying every day... many times

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on the last few days and just want to let you know that I am praying for your sweet baby girl with all that I have! I cannot imagine what you have been through this past week. I wish there were something I could do for you guys. I wish I could make it all go away. I am thankful that I can do the one thing that is best of all - pray! God bless you guys,

6:14 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

Praying for you.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear a good report from you guys. i love the way you want to bless the nurses again & again, emily. great idea. praying for livi.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sat here and read your entire blog and have at times, smiled with joy (as I am also a mother of daughters)and other times with tears streaming down my face. I am awed by your strength and pure faith in God and at the obvious dedication to get your daughter well. I am going to be praying for you and your family, that you will feel God's arms around you and that he will be there for Livi! Please know what an inspiration your blog is and an amazing testimony to all those who read it!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking all of this time to keep us up to date. I hang on your every word and give a cheer for the small but important blessings. Even though we know that God does always answer prayer, my prayer for you is that all the small ones are clearly big and obvious. You have taught me so much and it is evident that God hand picked you to be Livi's mom. What an awesome God we serve.
Diana B.

10:14 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

Diana put it so well... we all cheer to hear good from you em. Even if its a teeny tiny little good thing.

I am continuing to pray. sometimes it feels like im getting desensitized to the phrase "im praying for you" ... i hope you arent. as you learn of each induvidual's contribution of prayer- be inspired. We are an army out here!!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a Godly man that works as a Custodian at my school (L-S) and I asked him to pray for you and Livi. He has been praying for several weeks now (as we are) and asks me every day for a report. This blog has been a great way to keep him (and our family) abreast of Livi's condition and to be able to tell him what to pray for specifically.

We serve a detail oriented God. Just look at His creation!! Romans 8:31 says, "What then shall we say in response to this, if God is for us, who can be against us?"

It is good to be able to pray specifically. Thanks for taking the time... May God richly bless you and bring healing to Livi.

Ben, Maria, Julie, Benjy, & Rachel Krothe

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaking away to write a blog while you're suppose to be getting Mom a drink! You crazy girl!

Our CG prayed for you tonight and especially for Livi. There were some powerful prayers going up to the Lord. So many people love your family and are praying for your baby! People like...ME!

Glad Gigi was back today.

Love you!
Julie

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Gigi is better and able to be with you. Nothing like a hug from Mom, just as Livi feels when you're around I'm sure. May God continue to give you all strength!! Keeping you in my prayers... and sending a great big internet HUG to everyone!!!!!
Love,
Laura Mohney

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you last night. Glad we got to hang out for a bit. Would have been longer if we didn't have to spend 30 minutes looking for a parking spot......ha-ha!
It was great to see Livi being so cute and smart and funny even though she is in the hospital. Bless her little heart! And, I love her enthusiasm for the chicken dance even though she is not feeling well. Spunky, that one!

Still praying!

Love you,

Les

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home