Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Counts

We were out of the hospital by noon today. Amazing. I haven't been outside on a Thursday before noon in 8 months. That was nice. She did very well with her x-ray...only a little crying towards the end..but who wouldn't cry? We had a nice lunch and headed home. They called us with counts and they weren't the best. Not the worst either. Everything went the wrong direction. Only platelets stayed stable. Funny how easy it is to get so discouraged. But I am trying to focus on the positive. I knew in the back of my mind going into today that her WBC's were going to be up. Not sure why but I just had my suspisions. They were 23.2 and here Hemaglobin (reds) were down to 8.7 which means she is anemic. Pray that we don't have to go back in before next Thursday. For now we are happy to be home and ready for a visit from Grandpa and Gigi this weekend.

Thanks to Denise and Lisa for the toys for the kids. They were so excited and said it was perfect timing cause the treasure box was running low. So thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah for quick visit, minimal crying, nice lunch, and not the worst counts. Praying for you as always.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you family.

Moriah

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad for the quick visit and sooo glad your parents are coming... :)
praying for alivia and everyone,
love you,
beth

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is a mystery to God even though it is for us. Keep trusting that he is in complete control. I know the counts all went the wrong way and that can be discouraging, but God had already braced you for that. So often, I think I am just thinking something myself and it is really God whispering in my ear. I will keep praying for you to feel complete peace and to enjoy this wonderful season with your beautiful little girl. God is more in control than we can ever fathom.

Caroline

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

December 19...Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you are having a fabulous birthday!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

Have a most wonderful birthday! We hope you're able to spend some time celebrating! Know we're still praying, praying, and praying for you and your family.
Love,
Karen and Joe

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wanted to drop you a note to say...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
i hope your birthday week is most excellent!
love,sa erin

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and that i had so much fun with you and livi on sunday, i did not want to leave

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home