Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Birthday

to me. Today has been a great birthday so far. In fact it was a great birthday weekend too. I got to have a night out with my girls on Friday, spent Saturday with my parents and James and James and I went out to a graduation party on Saturday night (Congrats Bekah!!). Then Sunday Erin and I baked more cookies than should be legally allowed and had our Christmas with Erin (love you!). James ventured out to the mall Sunday (brave boy!) and got some shopping done and Livi took a nap till her uncles showed up. The weekend was busy and filled with fun. Livi got her first Christmas present...I will post a picture of it later. A huge thanks to Gigi and Grandpa..she loves it so much. Here is a shot of her dressed to play with it....


Last night James, Alivia, Uncle Will and I made this beautiful gingerbread house. It was a hilarious experience...mainly because I didn't read the instructions (quite laughing Dad) and so the roof didn't dry and was constantly slipping off. We finally got the contractor (James) to rig up some supports and all is well.

Today has been a great birthday so far. We had April , Samual and Grace over to decorate sugar cookies then all went to lunch at Olive Garden with Leslie, Eden and Aksel. I think the server had a heart attack when she saw 2 high chairs, 3 booster seats and 3 normal chairs. But the kids did great and left the floor with no food on it. We really wanted to not be a headache for the server (especially since the 3 adults had all worked in food service before and know how hard it is when parents leave a table a mess). Tonight James is taking Alivia and I out to dinner. Should be a great evening.
I started doing my next favorite thing for Christmas...wrapping presents. Oh I love it. There are a ton under our tree already. I am putting all the gifts that we got for others under the tree and then we'll hand them out as we get closer to Christmas. Then the night before our Christmas we'll put out all the ones for our family. We will have Christmas with the Haughery's Thursday, our Christmas Saturday and then with my family on Monday. That is a lot of Christmas.


On a sad note...I was the saddest thing today. We were going out to lunch and saw a van broken down in the middle of the road. A man was trying to push it out of the way. Instead of helping him out people were rushing to pass him and cut him off. I just wished I could have helped in some way. When did we all stop thinking of others? When did we forget what Christmas is really about? Why is everyone so focused on themselves and so unawared of those around them? I pray I can teach Alivia to see others and care enough to help out. We are blessed with so much and there are so many that have so little. Don't forget to look around this year and be thankful for all you have.

Thanks to all the people who have sent Christmas cards. I have them all hanging in our doorway. Thanks to my aunts and uncles for the way to generous gifts...you all overwhelm me with your love and I am so thankful to be a part of this family! Thanks to Leslie and April (and the kids) for a great birthday morning. Thanks to all my girls for singing your hearts out the other night. I love you guys so much.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!
I'm so sorry I didn't think to wish it to you when we spoke on the phone :(...
Glad you had a great time celebrating it though!
See you Thursday-
Viv
ps. The gingerbread house looks fantastic! ...I bet its because Livi decorated it :)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!
May your Christmas celebrations be equally as fun and full of blessings.
Maryann Plesnicher

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You, Fa La La La
Combining birthday blessings with Christmas wishes for you, Olivia and James. Enjoy every moment!!!!
God Bless......
Laura Mohney

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it an easy bake oven? Can't wait to see. I'm sure with that special apron, it's got to be something phantasmical.

Luv ya'll

Grande Aunt Lisa

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so why didnt you help him

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about being thankful for what we have. Yesterday and today I have been thankful that you are my daughter and that we get to see each other so much! And I am grateful to you for making such a great Christmas for your family. I am glad to be part of this family too! And, last but not least, I am grateful that God is moving on your heart (and consequently ours) to be grateful to Him for all that we do have...Love, Mom/Gigi
P.S. It is hard to stop when you think of all we can be grateful for!!!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Hope your birthday dinner was tons of fun with your hubby & your girl. I'm super impressed with the gingerbread house - it looks great! Glad to be your friend & still praying for healing.
Love ya, D

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while there's still a few minutes to wish you a happy birthday,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and you really ought to think about starting the new tradition next summer (a grand celebration on your 1/2 birthday) since all you late december folks get the short end of the stick :)
see you thursday, kb

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well let me be the first to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday!! Alivia is just to cute:) I love it when you post photos and I am glad to hear that you sound so happy!

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful gingerbread house. If you want a real laugh go on our blog and see the one Gabe and I made! I am soooooooooooo impressed. I need to know how to get included in these singing nites...I LOVE KARAOKE. I haven't done it since I was married!! I miss it!
Sorry things aren't good with Livi's numbers...praying and praying she is healed...still pray for her at least 3 times a day with the kids. You are so loved and prayed for...by many more people than visit this blog!!

Praise him for the care you have receieved. You truly know the true meaning of Christmas....being surrounded by the ones you love.

PS. I don't think you should have stopped for the car for all of the reasons you listed....

MERRY CHRISTMAS

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on your blog and wanted to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday, Emily!

I love and appreciate your attitude. You are truly a special person.

We keep praying!

MERRY CHISTMAS!
Julie

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home