Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

From Angie S.

Here is a picture of Livi and her friend (and mine) Ang. Livi is saying "cheese". This picture was taken about a week before we entered the hospital.


Precious Livi~
I have so many memories with you. Starting on the day that you were born. It was a Sunday, & after the message was preached, the pastors announced that “James & Emily just had a baby girl”. I remember tears streamed down my face because your conception was a miracle& in that moment of hearing about your “arrival”-God touched my heart with His faithfulness.
Even when you were a small baby, you had opinions about who was holding you. Your mom would try to hand you to me in the most inconspicuous ways so that you wouldn’t cry. I was always looking for these moments! We would often go out for lunch or shopping and I was always amazed by you. You did SO good in public. (& your mom did so good at keeping you entertained) But, it always felt like the “3 of us”. You interacted with us & had so much personality way before you could even talk. You stole my heart with your precious sign language too!
I had fun times with you watching fire works at Longs Park & swimming at the pool. I have pool pictures of you with your cool sunglasses & big floppy hat. You & I loved playing with my cat (even though your mom hates cats & tried not to touch it.)
The memories of visiting you at Hershey are sweet to me too. I usually couldn’t come home without a picture or a painting drawn very meticulously by you. I was always amazed at your strength when you were sick. You were an example to me because even if you were in pain or uncomfortable or not keeping your food down, you just proceeded to play and acted like it didn’t phase you!
There are days when it’s still hard for me to comprehend that you aren’t here, but now you aren’t uncomfortable or sick anymore. For that I am so thankful. And I am also very thankful for all of the joys you shared with me and the memories that I will always carry in my heart. I luv you Livi!

Love, Ang

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I luv that little livi too, although I didn't know her as well as others. But, like Ang said, she was always happy when she wasn't feeling the best. I miss sweet livi.

Praying,
Moriah

8:51 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

That is the sweetest ever! Sweet picture; sweet words. I'm so glad she knew such rich friendship even at such a young age, and that you do, too.

I love ya much, friend!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've followed Livi's story for quite a while now. I am Jessica (Bennett) Denney's sister in law.(as of 5/19/07) You have all consumed my prayers. And my heart still aches for a precious little one whom I never met. I was honored to be included in being your prayer warrior. How Jessica and I planned on seriously making the trip to visit Alivia when she finally beat this horrific disease. I could just imagine us knocking on your door and seeing her sweet little grin. I would still like to have the opportunity to sometime meet the two of you. You are an inspiration! It was great to hear from you again. Thank you so much. Our prayers will continue for all of you!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jack and Gina Plain said...

Emily and James,

Thanks for posting these comments. They are helping some of us who did not have the privilege of knowing Livi as well see what an amazing gift she was to you and James. My mind goes to God's choosing the two of you to be the ones she would live with in her short time here, and how He used you to mold her into who He wanted her to be. And how He used her to mold you into who He wants you to be and is still molding you as you continue to walk on this excruciatingly difficult path.

It was so good to see you at church James, and to see your friends and your brothers gather around you.
I'm glad Beth is with you Emily.

We are praying for you,
Love, Gina for the Plains

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing sharing from your friends the last couple of days. I can't keep stating enough what a blessing it is to witness the level of friendship that you and James have experienced both before and during all of this. I know you are walking a long, hard road, but you aren't walking it alone.

I can so relate to what everyone has shared on this comment board. It is completely possible to miss someone you have never met or that you have only known on a brief level. Livi is dearly loved and missed by all. For those who knew her it was a privelege and an even greater privelege that these friends can now comfort you with their words that give you and James solace in your time of need. You all have the greatest family and friends.

Love,

Caroline

2:05 AM  
Blogger linda anne said...

i still think about livi a lot. and i always wonder how you guys are doing. from talking with her uncles i know that she was well beyond her age in personality and humor.. and tons of other things. sigh. praying for you james and emily

3:50 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Thanks, Ang, for sharing! And Emily and James, too. How bittersweet this must be for you both, but I for one, am truly loving hearing all of these sweet Livi stories! Such a precious girl. Thanks,

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So So sweet. I am so sad that I didn't get the chance to know Livi. These new pictures you are posting just make me smile. Hugs to you, Emily and James.
Lisa Rader

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you ang (and my dear Emily). I can't stop going to the blog.....it keeps livi alive in our hearts in a different way...........we have not gotten enought of her and never will. I love reading how others loved her..........a grandma never gets tired of hearing/talking about how cute, how clever, how wonderful their grandchild is. Livi is the best....she was so good. "No, two". Anyone who loves Emily Livi and Livi, I love too. Gigi

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home