Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

nothing much

Today was a layed back easy day. We (mom, dad, james, emily and alivia) hung out at our house all day and James left around 2:30 to go deep sea fishing with his guy friends. Not really any new developments...but if you think of it pray that she doesn't have gas pains. It seems like ever since her spleen got enlarged she is experiencing a lot more gas pains and they seem pretty bad. We are going to call the doctor monday and see if this is something he wants to check out or if it is something that can wait till Thursday. Pray that it goes away and we don't have to call. That would be nice.

It seems like we are getting back on our schedule. What a relief. My mom and dad are leaving tomorrow before lunch and I was very worried what the nights would be like without their help. James is such a sleeper that he can sleep right through the crying. And I don't want him to have to get up at night and then have to get up and work all day. At least I can get a nap in the day if she's up too much at night. I must admit I am nervous for my parents to leave. I haven't been alone with Alivia since we found out she was sick and I am second guessing my mom abilities. I am just so aware of how much she needs right now. She is so used to being held and hardly ever wants to be put down. Hopefully the further from the hospital stay we are the more she will return to herself....at least until treatment starts.

Thanks for today.
Cards from Dick and Barbara White (Bill's Dad's sister and husband)Gerald and Jean Garey (whom we've never met..so thoughtful), Jill P. (dad's coworker...again! Amazing) Denny and Marianne Harnish, The Moore family (from my parents church)The McKelvey family (parents church...New grandma and aunt..congratulations), the Cramer family (beautiful picture Emma...Alivia carried it around for a while), Our Marmie (Alivia's great grandma), Ang Stolzfus (loved the photo from the hospital...almost a smile)
And thanks to Lauren Lotinsky for the box-o-fun. The books are so cute and girlie and I love reading from Besides Still Waters( we borrowed a copy in the hospital and read it to each other at night). And a Starbucks card (there is a Starbucks in the lobby of the hospital so we can use it when we go for our next checkup)
I am, as always, amazed at the outpouring of love. Such a good time to feel surrounded by care.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I continue to be thankful for your updates. You all are still on my heart and in my thoughts. We missed you at our ladies day today at the barn. I believe we are about healthy now so hopefully we can see you soon. I am thankful that you and James are staying healthy with the lack of sleep and all. That is God's kindness. We will continue to pray for healing and for God's will to be done and for strength. Please don't hesitate to call if you just want to chat or if you want to hang out. Hope to see you soon. Kendra Herr

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I have been reading your blog all the time and today I was touched by what you wrote. I just want to reasure you that you are an amazing mother, I can tell by way you talk about motherhood and your daughter. The Lord has equiped you and prepared your mother insticts for this time and you will shine as a mother when your family leaves. It's always amazing to have family, but the Lord will give you the strength and the wisdom. I will pray for you over this next week. And know there are people thinking about your family all over this country. I look forward to meedting your family someday soon. Love and Prayers
Sara Lazio (Ang Stoltzfus Sister)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading what you wrote about being on your own for the first time since Alivia got sick reminds of how I think we all as new moms felt when we were left alone for the first time with our new babies.
Kind of like wow can I handle this.
But of course we did as we all found out. God equips us to be moms. Listen for those motherly instincts to kick in. Those instincts are from the Holy Spirit, our wonderful helper who is always by your side.
Thinking of you and praying for you.

Carol M.

12:04 AM  
Blogger beth said...

i don't know exactly how you feel, but i know it can feel unnerving without mom and dad there as a "saftey net" in a sense... but from what we've already seen, i know God will carry you and pour out overwhelming grace. you are an amazing mom- and i know we'll only see that more as time goes on... "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (i can't exactly remember where that is...) i love you so much and am praying for you.
xxoo,
bethie

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you will be sad to see GiGi and PapPap go. I will pray for you. How did it go today? Did you have to call in the HazMat team? We were praying for you!
See you Tues...I am sure we will have some sort of internet encounter before then!!!

Les

12:07 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Emily, I echo what Carol M said. In fact, you may find that being alone with your baby is exactly what the two of you need right now. As much comfort as the extended family is--and helpful--it sounds like God has put you in a bubble where just Mommy and Livi can reconnect. You'll be fine. You really will. The Lord has already ordered your steps.

8:00 PM  
Blogger beth said...

our whole church prayed for alivia, you, james, your parents and mr. and mrs. haughery. just thought i'd let you know to encourage you that we all are praying. love you,
beth

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You've got the mommy annointing. God chose you to be Alivia's mom and you can ask Him for wisdom anytime you want. It feels like a big job now but it's your job and you are the correct person for the job.

Alivia is such a blessing. I'm still praying for her. Proverbs 10:22 "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

Aunt Cheryl

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home