Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunday

We went to church...it went really well.
We came home...also went well.
She took 2 naps..both went well.
We took a walk and had some dinner...went well
She went to bed without even fussing.

So far so good. She had a wonderful day so we had a wonderful. My parents got home safely and James got back from the fishing trip that wasn't (the boat broke down)

After last night (no sleep till 1:30..baby screaming! she was woke up with gas and was so overtired by the time it passed that she didn't want to go to sleep. So we ended up on the front porch watching the rain at 12:30...actually a pretty sweet moment)I was expecting a terrible day. But it went great. God was so faithful today and now we are praying for a good night sleep too.

Thanks to Landon and Emerson Teeter for the teddy bear and video..we watched it an Alivia loved it. Also thanks for all the phone calls today (Gwen and Peter Young (cynthia's sister and brother-in-law), my aunt Maria, Rachel, Bill and Cynthia and my Parents (3 times. missing us already..but not as much as we miss them!)

Good night my friends

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that you and Alivia have a restful night sleep and that God will bless you with another peaceful day tomorrow. Have faith in yourself that you are a good mom and trust that the Holy Spirit will guide you as to how to adequately meet Alivia's needs. "Cast all your care upon the Lord, for He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7
DO you have an email address. I'd like to send you and e-card?
Blessings.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Even though it was 12:30am and you were watching the rain with Alivia I am sure it will be a memory you will never forget. Just as the Spring rain is so refreshing, and a time of new growth and beauty. I pray this week is that for you. I will pray you all get good rest and are able to find joy throughout your days just as the Lord gave you early this morning. Have a great Week.

Sara

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I'll also be alone with Ryan tomorrow for the first time since the week before his surgery. A little nervous about the meds and leaky diapers from his diurectics, but I'm also looking forward to it just being the two of us again.
Holly

12:51 AM  
Blogger My 3 Sons said...

Emily,
ENJOY the springtime with Alivia. Like Sara said, the rain creates memories. Dane is 16 now and this spring when the trees were starting to bud, HE reminded ME that it was time for us to go out and walk around the yard looking at how each one was developing (we had done that since he was a baby and I carried him). Sitting on the porch watching the rain late at night sounds like a wonderful habit to have with a teenage daughter ;). Still praying for your family....

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna McKelvey told me about Alivia 1 week ago and just got your blog address yesterday. Well, God has placed Alivia in the center of my prayers. I am honored to pray for her healing. I am praying for you and your husband and entire family. I remember what a beautiful Strawberry Shortcake little girl you were....I'm thinking that Alivia has many of her mom's beautiful physical and spiritual features! Lots of love and prayers! Marie Trunzo Watters

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily -
ahhhhhhhhh - sad little alivia.
hope her tummy feels all better today.

please pray today for kriscinda from clc - as her son micah 2yrs old -
he has surgery for his brain cancer.
thanks as i know you can pray in faith and understanding for her mother's heart.

enjoy this spring day there with your little baby girlie.

love, mrs. c

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-
i pray that last night was more restful for you and alivia and that the thunderstorm did not wake her, and if it did that you were able to enjoy it together. may your day be filled with grace and strength as you continue to care for her! love-jamie

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Emily,
Sorry we missed you at church yesterday. I didn't see you. I am so glad you were able to make it though. I hope Alivia's tummy feels better today. I think a lot of us were up last night with those awesome thunderstorms.
We are praying that all goes well with your call to the doctor about her gas pains and that the Lord would take them away and heal your little girl. I can't imagine what you are both are going through, but you are doing an amazing job. You are such good parents. God is so good.
Blessings Always,
Leigh Dowgiewicz

10:54 AM  
Blogger beth said...

i'm glad to hear that your day went well. i was praying for you a lot...especially when it got to be nighttime...i know nights have been difficult. sounds like james' trip was as eventful as our other boys trip...
i love you,
bethie

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home