Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Update

The last few days have been a bit rough. Alivia is getting a tooth (on the top I think) and is so crabby. Today wasn't as bad as yesterday because I started giving her tylenol for the pain (didn't realize that was why she was so crabby yesterday... oopps). Yesterday we hung out at home and did the laundry (it's been a while) and today we went to the park with Leslie (Eden and Aksel) and April (Samual and Grace). Had a great walk and played at the park. Tonight we went to Noah's t-ball game (the little boy I used to nanny). Can I tell you that 4 year olds playing any kind of organized sports is the cutest thing. I loved seeing him and Grant and Livi was entertained too.

Yesterday James found out that one of the guys that works for him got in a really bad car accident. He and his girlfriend and her two kids were traveling home from a wedding when they were broad sided by an SUV. One of the kids was killed, the other injured, the girlfriend injured (but will be released from the hospital hopefully tomorrow) and James' employee is in a coma. He punctured both lungs, his liver failed and he has a spine fracture. They aren't sure if he will make it or not. He is a nice guy and has been a loyal employee for a few years. We are very worried about him and praying he will recover quickly.

We got a message from the doctor. We are going to be admitted on Thursday to start treatments. We are going to be in for a few days. They just want to start the treatments with us in the hospital so they can watch and see how she reacts to the medicine (since they don't usually use them on someone her age).

I guess I'm numb. I want to get things going but at the same time and scared of the side affects. I want her to be better but I also dont' want her to have to get worse first.



Pray for
*a great day tomorrow
*good reactions to all the medicine
*no side affects (now or down the road)
*sleep when we are home and in the hospital
*wisdom for the doctors
*James' employee to heal quickly

thanks for today
suprise dessert from Dan and Julie (and Jude) so sweet
Margot Cole for running the half marathon in Alivia's name. That is so amazing!

We are all a bit overtired here. Hopefully tomorrow will be a peaceful day.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily and James,
Just a note to let you know we are thinking of you and praying for the family.
Love the Malito's

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, as you know we got your call during care group and we all prayed for Livi's healing and for peace for us all. I know this is somehow God's mercy to her...see you Thursday, and will talk to you many, many times before that! Love, Mom and Dad

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Emily, so much going on for you guys right now. praying for you all today. much love, tina

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be praying for all the things mentioned. Let me know if you need anything before you go up to the hospital.
Love ya-Les

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am think and praying for Livi you and James. i hope all is well with James' employee, i hope you recovers quickly. i hope everything goes well with the treatment. i pray for everything you listed. thank you for your Godly example to me.
always thinking of your family,
Lots of love!
Christi Boronow

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

I marvel at the quiet working of faith in your your heart. You are becoming a strong woman of faith and it glorifies God. Thank you for the reminder of God's sovereignty in the C.S. Lewis quote.

Margo, Thank you for running for Alivia. What a kind expression of care.

Sincerely,
Bill

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for all of those things. i would love to send some stickers, so look for some from me! i pray livi heals soon! thank you for being such a godly example to me! it is nice to have people to look up to, like you and james! have a great day in the Lord

lots oflove,
moriah

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home