Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's day

The last few days have been so so soooooooooo busy. Friday morning April and the twins came over to swim in our huge (4x4 round) baby pool. They all packed in...Livi spend most of the time crying cause she was hungry or tired or both. But the twins had fun. Then Friday evening my Uncle Pete and Aunt Maria stopped by on their way to NY...it was bout 4 hours out of the way but they did it anyway. We went to Macaroni Grille for dinner and spent some time catching up. Then once Livi was in bed I went out to sing Karaoke with some of my girl friends.

Then Saturday morning James, Livi and I went to market, took a nap and then went to a rugby party (its been so long and it was great to see everyone). The Saturday night my friend Rachel came for visit for a few hours. We took Livi to a park and had fun laughing about high school.

Then this morning we went to church...oh wait we started the day nice and early since Alivia got up at 5:45 and I couldn't get up one more time so I rolled over and said "James" in a whiny voice (sorry babe) and he got up with her. I was up with her about 4 or 5 times before that and James let me sleep till 8. So we each got some sleep. After Alivia wakes up from her nap we are going to James' parents for a visit and then to Jeremy L. graduation party.

Tomorrow James is taking the day off. We have a blood draw in the AM and then are heading to IKEA to look for a loveseat.

As you can see it has been one thing after another around here. Its good to keep busy..less time to think about Livi being sick.

Happy Father's Day James. You are a great dad. I love how Livi's eyes light up when you walk in a room. You have worked so hard to make our lives comfortable and even worked when you would rather be at the hospital with us. Thanks for making sacrifices so that we won't have to worry about bills when all this is over. You are amazing and I love you tons. Kisses.


Thanks to..
...Grace Privitera for the dinner and sticker book for Livi
...Pete and Maria for going way out of their way to take us to dinner and spend some time with us. We loved seeing you.
...Rach for driving the whole way here to spend 4 hours with me. I love our times and just like sitting laughing with you.
...Amy, Sonya, Hollis, Julie and Kate for making me laugh so hard I cried. That was one of the most fun nights I have had in a long, long time. I can't wait to do it again sometimes....as long as you girls are there.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Your mom told me at church about the karaoke with your friends. Sounds like so much fun!
I still remember, years ago, when a bunch of gals went out to dinner. Somehow, we got the idea that we could sing the whole theme song to the old show "Green Acres"...and so we did, right in the Greensburg Red Lobster! Funny...the management still allows us in there...
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am reading and praying. it was nice to see you at church today. i pray that livi heals soon. i hope the blood draw goes smoothly.

Have a Great week!
Christi Boronow

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are having fun!!!:-) Happy Father's Day, James!

Love,

Caroline

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to James! It is awesome to see his care and dedication to his family!!! Even during these trying times...he still gets up and goes to work! Again, God's grace!
Thanks for TRYING to call during karakoe. Next time I WILL be there. Hopefully I will never again have another week that ends with me in bed by 7:30 on a Friday night...but somehow I think it could probably happen!
Hope all goes well tomorrow! Hey, my mother in law and nephew will be in Hershey tomorrow for his yearly leukemia check-up...6 years in remission now...just to encourage you. So, keep your eyes peeled for Charlotte!!!
Love you. Glad you had another fantastic weekend!
Love, Les

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had so much fun with you and the girls on Friday! That Travelodge is one classy place. Can't wait to do it again sometime. Sonya and I were laughing hysterically as we told Andy and Ryan all about our night. They probably thought we were so lame . . . I think they were just jealous.

Praying the blood draw goes well tomorrow. . .

love,
Hollis

BOB! BOB!!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you guys had a great day. I pray you have a good day tommorow as a family. I am praying for you guys every day. I am gald you were able to catch up with friends N fam. Remember to ask God for help to make it through these hard times, He will help you. Lots of Love and Prayers.

moriah

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray the blood draw goes well.

moriah

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily...How good of family and friends to come to visit. For God to give you the strength to do karaoke and then to bless you girls with the gift of laughter. Great weekend, life is still full, the planning is way different though. See you Tuesday night. Hugs and kisses, Mom
Please kiss Livi and James real good for us!!!!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home