Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, June 12, 2006

explanation

Someone recently asked me to explain how Alivia's leukemia could cause organ damage (guess I've referred to that a few times and not explained it) so here goes (as far as I understand it).

When there are two many of the eosinaphils (the type of white cells Alivia has) the sooner or later will start to attack the organs. They usually fight disease but in this number they dont' have anything to fight off so they go after good tissue. That is one of the reasons we are constantly looking for shortness of breath, temperatures, lack of pee, too much poop, throwing up, strange eye movements, abnormal facial movements, other neurological abnormalities, etc. Officially in order to diagnosis Hyper Eosinaphil Syndrom/Chronic Eosinaphilic Leukemia you have to have the organ damage (one of the three criteria) but our doctor said he wasn't willing to wait for that (thank you very very much). It seems like most adults don't realize they have anything wrong until there is organ damage. That would be why they would go to the doctor and then find out that its leukemia. Unless you are getting regular bloodwork you wouldn't realize that you have to many eosinaphils until it was too late. In adults the prognosis is good as long as there isn't organ damage. Unfortunelty Alivia is the first one her age to have this kind of leukemia so they can't say what will happen down the road. Obviously we are hopeing for and praying for a miracle.

Hope that explains things a little better.

5 Comments:

Blogger beth said...

thank you, emily, for taking the time to explain... i appreciate it. i am praying for you guys all the time.
i love you,
beth

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

sending God's Word your way.


psalm 62

5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.


i will continue to pray as
. . . my hope is in Him.

hugs, mrs. c

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray livi heals soon.

love,
moriah

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily-
i am praying for you and alivia as you head to another doctors visit. you have been faithfully taking care of alivia and taking her to these appointments. i am praying that the chemo starts working and the white blood count goes down! i am also praying for peace for you and james as the visits continue and more new information about her condition arises. we can know and remember God's faithfulness by the rising and the setting of the sun! Once again he has brought out the sun this morning. He continues to walk with you and james through this time. Praying that you will know His faithfulness! Keep looking up to Him, as we do have a GREAT high priest who knows and intercedes for us! i love you-jamie

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so grateful to hear the echo went WELL!!! praying for you, cynthia, & livi the few remaining hours of the doctor's visit. you're doing a great job, hang in there!
:) kb

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home