Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Quiet house

Funny as I was typing the words quiet house the phone started to ring...guess its not that quiet. But all of our company has departed (safe travels Marmie and Lisa). I love having a full house and always am so excited for guests. We had a nice time. Alivia was pretty shy around Marmie but at the end gave her a big kiss (which is an almost impossible thing. She doesn't give out kisses to many people. Marmie must be really special!) What a great way to end the visit. She thought Lisa was hilarious (which she is) and was a pretty happy girl most of the visit...few cranky moments cause she was so hungry for lunch and waiting an hour was very hard today.

We got some sleep last night (or I was just too tired to remember getting up) I was only up 3 or 4 times with her. Not bad...at least trending in the right directions. At this rate we could be back to twice a night in a few days. Not holding my breath though. Tomorrow is a big day and it starts early. Hopefully all will be wonderful and we won't have to start he Vincristine. That would be a huge answer to prayers.


Pray for...
...sleep (as always)
...no need for new chemo
...peace for James and I (our hearts get weary sometimes and we start to worry)
...those pesky teeth

thanks to..
...Marmie and Lisa for lunch and great visit this morning. We need to buy an Allen family jet so we can all get together at a moments notice. If we could just find a pilot....maybe one from California...any ideas, Uncle Mike?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, fun times with the family. I am sure that was refreshing for you all! We are praying for tomorrow and for SLEEP! You poor thing.

Love you- Les

2:05 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

Em

Just wanted you to know that while I may not post a comment on each entry of yours, I'm reading every one, and ya'll continue to be in my daily prayers. I'm carrying you heavily on my heart, esp. since the latest medical news of livi's WBC going up again to 200.
I am praying for you and James and your family, esp. w/ the temptation to grow weary and to worry. How well acquainted I am with those!! One day, we will all enter into His rest for us!

Heb. 12:2
II Cor. 4: 17, 18

And, i'm going to send you an email.

Love you much.

2:13 PM  
Blogger beth said...

love you, praying for you all...
beth

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am anxious for tomorrow...but trust that whatever the news it is what God intends us to have. (I have to bang myself over the head with that truth sometimes)...this battle is not for the fainthearted, and Emily, you are proving to be the most courageous of all! My love and respect to you, Mom

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you guys.

love you,
moriah

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying...loved the pictures.

Caroline

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home