Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

What is sleep?

I need to do some research and find out how little sleep it takes to make a person go crazy...because I'm sure we are close to the line. Livi was up at least 7 times last night and 8 or 9 the night before and every night last week. I truly don't' think its pain since either I give tylenol and it has no effect or since as soon as I pick her up she stops crying and only begins again when I try to put her back in her crib. Now I'm not asking for advice on how to get a baby to sleep. I know let her cry and she'll learn. But that is much harder to do. If she weren't sick I would most definitely do that but with her being sick I need to see if she is okay. I mean one of these times something could actually be wrong. So instead of advice just please pray that she starts to sleep more. I can handle getting up 2 times a night..or even 3. But this is just crazy.

My parents arrived yesterday around 1. It is so nice to see them (we haven't been together in 9 days!) Funny how it seems like ages since we were together I got so used to seeing them once a week. But it was good for everyone to have a peek at life in their own home and time that resembled normal. Before we got married James made a promise to get me home to see my parents once a month and he did just that. Now I can't imagine only seeing them once a month. That would be too hard. So we are trying to steal them from you Indiana folk. (so far not working at all but if we nag enough maybe they'll move just to shut us up....probably not but its fun to dream) We do have the cuteness card (Alivia) and we are playing it to its fullest potential. They are going Mike and Destiney's wedding today. (congrats!!! God bless your marriage). We are heading to a birthday party tonight and tomorrow Marmie and Lisa are coming to visit. So fun.

Thanks to...
...Krissy and James Evans for your unbelievable generosity. We don't even know you and you have blessed us so much. Thank you so much.
...Beth Altrogge for the sweet cards. Livi tried to eat the glitter!
...Rita and Grover Strickler for the sweet card and stickers.
...Mr. Ogoreuc for the stuffed bear. Thanks.

Please pray..
...that the chemo starts to work so we won't have to add another on Tuesday
...that the echocardiogram goes well on Tuesday and their are no signs of heart damage.
...no other signs of organ damage
...SLEEP

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not giving advice but I have done some informal research on how much sleep depravation you can get away with before actually going crazy. My second child, whom I won't name, got me up 6 times a night, every night, for his first year. My first child then woke me up bright and early around 6AM every morning by just screaming at the top of her lungs until I got up. And we all know that I am perfectly fine...Aunt Cheryl

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years ago a friend of mine was speaking on prayer. He held up a stopwatch and told us, I am going to pray. We bowed our heads and He spoke, "Jesus,Jesus,Jesus.Amen" and stopped the watch. Five seconds he said. We all have five seconds. Lots of them all day long. I learned to do that whenever someone comes to mind throughout my day. There is power in His name,the enemy has to flee and God knows exactly what someone needs at any given moment. My prayers for Alivia have been just that, all day long, under my breath. Then I know she is safe & Jesus is on the throne. I think I will add one more word to my short prayer:
"Sleep, Sleep, Sleep... Amen!". Emily, on behalf of mothers everywhere, WE FEEL YOUR PAIN on this one.
Love y'all (you guys)
Aunt Marcy

12:56 PM  
Blogger beth said...

i'm really glad your parents can be there. i am praying for you and praying that you get more sleep. have fun at the party! love you so much and am praying all the time,
beth

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying...

Caroline

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily and James and Livi....we are all in this together. Love, Mom and Dad
So good to be here this weekend and as often as we can!!!!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Well Emily, Even at this crazy hour (notice the posted time) The Lord has brought you and your family to my heart. I do pray that Alivia sleeps well and that you would be refreshed. On a side note, if your Aunt Cheryl would post those sleep depravation findings so that I know how close to insanity I truly am, ah that would be grand. Perhaps I will go to bed now.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what you are going through, Emily. You can't even really accept much help with Alivia because of the germ factor. We are holding you up in prayer that God will give you supernatural strength. Let us know what we can do...Aunt Cheryl

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did it go??? How did you all sleep last night??? we were praying for you!
Hope you had a great time with your family!
Love, Les

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that it wouldn't be such a terrible thing if you guys moved back here in Indiana ;-)

Praying for you - Dawn Lingenfelter

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you all
Audrey Drago

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home