Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Busy times

This weekend was really busy and really fun. My parents arrived Friday night and we all went out to dinner and then to the grocery store and then to blockbuster. We watched a movie once Alivia finally fell asleep. She was up at least 7 times Friday night (lost count after a while). Saturday morning we hung out and enjoyed Livi. Then my parents left for the wedding and we went to Target. When we were heading home we realized it was 5 already and thought where did this day go? Alivia fell asleep in the car and so we were late to the birthday party. We had a total blast at the party. Livi loved seeing her buds and cruising around. We stayed till 10. Got home, parents were here, James hit the hay, Livi cried for a long time in bed then finally I got her and she did fall asleep around 11, everyone else followed soon after. She only got up 3 or 4 times last night. Her poor gums are so swollen from the pre-molars on the bottom.

This morning we went to brunch with my parents (since we hardly had any time together yesterday) and then to PB outlet where my mom found an almost identical blanket to "THE" blanket!!!! WOO HOO. Thanks Mom!!! Good eyes. Livi was so excited when she saw it and was obviously fooled into thinking it was "THE" blanket. So now we have two! Yea. Alivia fell asleep on the way home and my parents headed out soon after. The actually passed my grandma and my aunt on the way (they didn't see each other though...busy looking for road marks to see where each other were). We had a nice afternoon hanging out and then went out for dinner (great food today but maybe a little too much). After dinner we came back to our house, gave Livi a bath and just watched her be cute. All in all a great day. My aunt and Marmie left for their hotel, Livi is asleep and James and I are going to spend some quality time together.

Thanks to...
...Mom and Dad for...everything
...Marmie and Lisa for coming to visit, bringing toys and dinner (Marmie)
...Phil, Lauren and Morgan Lapp for the card, stickers and lovely drawing by Morgan. We are again blessed by people we have never met. Thank you so for your prayers!
...Moriah Freeman for the card and stickers.

Pray for...
...the chemo to work so we dont' have to add other drugs
...a clear echocardiogram on Tuesday
...no signs of organ damage
...continued health and lack of side affects for Alivia
...teeth to come in quickly
...sleep for all of us

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with family!!
I'm so glad that you were able to find another blanket!! That's awesome!!
I missed seeing you this morning-but maybe we can connect sometime in the next few days!
I'm praying that you are able to get sleep tonight & even if it is interrupted a lot, I pray that it would renew & refresh you for your day tomorrow.
Love you!!!!-Ang

** have you gotten to wear your new red shoes yet?**

11:04 PM  
Blogger beth said...

So glad you had a great weekend. Really good to hear. I prayed for you all a lot over the weekend... and am still praying. I love you all so much!
beth

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emily,

i contiue to visit - thank you for keeping the prayer list updates so we know how to pray and stand with you during this season.

so glad there were many funtimes for you this weekend - good sleep to you tonight.

love - mrs. c

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you found a blanket similar to Alivia's favorite blanket. I remember when Piper was little, she was really attached to this stuffed pig TY pig and they discontinued them right around the time we decided we needed another set of them (that was what I was thinking..that "THE" blanket may have been discontinued). Joey finally found the pigs on ebay.:-) Guess anytime you can't find something, you could always look there.

I finally got to read through most of the blogs you have written since Livi's diagnosis and see that her blood type O pos. and that all blood donors must donate in town. I had been mainly wondering because I was concerned she may have a rare blood type like me (A-). Thank goodness she is a match with the majority of the population!:-)

Well, I will be coming on here day to day to check out all your prayer requests. You all hang in there. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Love,

Caroline

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Glad you found the blanket!!! Gigi is a power shopper!!! Way to go Gigi!
Still praying and especially for sleep!!!

Love, Les

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pray that you all get some sleep! i pray that her teeth come in quickly. i hope the chemo starts to work. thank you for your example to me.

Have a great day!
Christi

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I only have internet at work so just caught up on your weekend writings. I must say, the way you talked about the lack of sleep then adding that you didn't want advice, just prayer...well, I admire that frankness. I really do. It takes guts to say,in your kind way, I don't need you to tell me what to do, I need you to pray. You are so right to follow your God given mothers instincts.
Hang in there!!
Maryann P.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i wrote something the other night and then got the "blogger is down" comment so i was afraid to hit the publish button again for fear it was going to end up posting several times. anyway, just checking in and letting you know i'm praying for you this afternoon. continue speaking His truth to yourself and trusting that He is at work in you, in Livi, in your family!
we love you three (and both of your families as well!)
kb

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

We continue to pray for you. Just some ideas about the molars as these two things have worked for Benjamin within the last week: 1)Biter cookies, which he hated as an infant but loves to chomp on now and 2) freezer pops from Dollar General- they break in the middle and you can chew on the plastic to get the frozen stuff out Loveyou guys, amanda kim

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the sleep issue-
I never could let my kids "cry it out". They are great sleepers now. It just took time.
Margot

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, I miss you, and just think about you all the time. thank you for giving me credit for finding "the" blanket...pretty cool, huh. Love, Mom

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home