Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Stock tip

Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are thinking of buying stock and aren't sure what to buy try Bath and Body Works. I am single-handedly boosting their sales by buying stock in anti-bacterial stuff. I got soap, wipes and gel. Thankfully they were having a sale and it was 5 for $10. Not a bad deal. They make these great wipes that come in a handy-dandy little container that fits in my purse so I can wipe down the world when I'm out in it.

Livi had another rough night. The tooth (or is it teeth..I'm so out of the loop!) was still hurting her. I'll have to do a good check of the mouth before bed tonight to make sure that there aren't any new ones emerging. We tried out a new schedule for the chemo that was so much better. The doc said it didn't have to be first thing as long as it was in the morning. So we got up, ate breakfast, played for an hour and half, took the anti-nausea med and played for another half hour, then took the chemo and she was ready for a nap. That way she didn't even realize she was waiting to eat. So much easier. Love the new plan. We are going to try one day without the anti-nausea cause the doc thinks she should be okay and one less med is always nice. So we'll try that one day next week when we dont' have anything planned. Maybe Monday after the blood draw....bad day anyway whats a little nausea. I'll have to give it more thought.

She is chattering up a storm. I love it. She and I did some errands and she is just so happy to be out and seeing the world. At one store they gave her a balloon which pretty much made her day. She took really great naps (after last night she probably needed them) and has been just a joy. I love her more than I can put into words. If I'm with her I'm happy. Tonight we are just hanging out as a family. James is so good with her (and me...I am blessed). We got some movies for after she goes to bed and are having a great evening. Even the rain can't put a damper on it.

Tomorrow AM we are going to market with Jamie. We love market time. Its just all around fun and Livi loves looking at the people and colors. I may or may not write tomorrow. If I don't have a great weekend. Enjoy life, don't take a second for granted, know that it could all change in the blink of an eye. Breath in that baby smell, or big kid smell or spouse smell and be so glad that the smell the way the always have. Livi smelled a little like herself today and I just soaked it in and cried tears of joy. Didn't realize how much it ment till it wasn't there. It's gone again but those few moments were so good for my heart.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your touching messages.
In His Grace,
Margot

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE you, Emily, James, and Alivia! Aunt Cheryl

10:04 PM  
Blogger beth said...

So happy to hear His grace sustaining you through each moment. i love love love you so much... always praying,
Beth
kiss miss lou for me

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I read the blog...can imagine you two girls out living la vida loca (SP, etc.) Miss you, think of you always, except when I am sleeping. Glad you had a great day, and thank God for giving you grace and Livi and James. We love ya, Ma and Pa

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're last two entries brought me to tears when you wrote about smells. Thanks for reminding all of us to treasure every moment with our loved ones.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are enjoying all the little things about Alivia. Children are wonderful and bring much joy to parents hearts. Treasure every moment with Alivia and James. Alivia is so blessed to have you and James for parents. Read your blog everyday and still praying.
Carol Landis

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice, to cherish each moment!!! I need to remember that!
Hope last night was wonderful for your family. We were headed to market, but we let the rain deterr us. We can't bear to drive when we live so close!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. we will be praying for Monday!
Love, Les

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice, to cherish each moment!!! I need to remember that!
Hope last night was wonderful for your family. We were headed to market, but we let the rain deterr us. We can't bear to drive when we live so close!!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. we will be praying for Monday!
Love, Les

10:00 AM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I have always had a thing about my boys' breaths, too. I always thought I was the only one. I can empathize a little with the loss of it as Judah always reeks of anesthesia and plastic when he has his surgeries. And, this time, I haven't been able to bathe him b/c of his stitches for close to two weeks. Even with sponge baths, he still smells of the hospital. I can't wait to give him a good scrubbing and get my baby's smell back, too.

Emily, your posts so encourage me; I am in real need of it lately. Thank you for submitting so graciously to the Lord's ways with you and your precious little one.

Love you much.

10:22 AM  
Blogger beth said...

dear emily,
i just wanted to let you know that last night and this morning i prayed specifically that you would have a great time at the market, it wouldn't be rainy, that Livi would really enjoy herself, that He would give her peace and grace, and strength and grace to you. Also, if you decide to go to church, that you would be refreshed by the Spirit and be blessed and have strength for it, even if you were to only stay for a little bit.
love you so much,
beth

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying for you. thank you for you being a great Godly example to me. lean on the cross. God will NOT leave your side!

Have a great day!
Christi Boronow

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home