Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Scary Blessings

Today was a day of blessings that came out of extremely scary circumstances. My little brother (he's 20 but still little to me) was in a horrible car accident. The officers said he should have died. If he hadn't had his seatbelt on he would be dead right now. But God spared his life. He was driving to work (not speeding I must add) and hit some water and hydroplaned. The car turned sideways, went off the road and rolled, hit a ditch, went end over end and sheared off a metal road marker. It ended upsidedown and Aaron was able to climb out the back window (because it was gone). Aaron was able to call my parents and Andrew (my other little brother) who rushed to the scene. Aaron got checked at the hospital and besides being stiff and scrapped up he is okay. The car didn't fair so well. It is totaled. My parents were collecting some of the stuff that was in the car before it was towed away and couldn't find my dad's umbrella..they finally did find it 50 yards away!

Our family is a close family. Yes we disagree at times. But the Allens in general are a tight group. You have to understand I would do anything for my brothers. I love them so much. Aaron being the baby of the family was born when I was 7. I thought he was mine. I wanted to take him everywhere with me and almost gave my grandmother a heartattack because I carried him up and down the stairs (sorry about that Marmie). We have had our ups and downs over the years but they always always filled a special place in my heart. Just thinking of one of them being hurt brings me to tears. We are all so incredibly relieved Aaron is okay.

Aaron and Andrew I love you guys. Even when we are fighting or getting on each others nerves I would not trade you for any other brothers in the world. I love how you are with Alivia and how much you want to make her happy. I would do anything for you and am so thankful that God made us siblings. I'm praying for you both.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily:

Just checking back on here to see how you all are doing today. It is unbelievable to think that this happened in the midst of everything else going on with Alivia. I am so sorry, but so grateful to hear that your brother is alright. My oldest daughter is 7 years older than my youngest and I know how special that age difference can be in sibling bonds.

I just wanted to check back and to let you know that even though you and I haven't met that you were the last thing on my mind last night and the first thing on my mind when I awoke this morning. God has placed you all in a special, praying part of my heart. Hang in there and remember that God is in control.

Love,

Caroline (I explained who I was yesterday and you may not have had time to all the comments in order with all that happened today).

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary blessings is right! What in the world? Praise God that he is okay. Amazing.
Praying and praying and praying for today.
As I said in my other email...call my cell if you need me!
Love you- Les

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Your lives are just unbelievable! I am not one to see the devil behind every bush but it sure seems as if your family is under attack, big time. Yet how remarkable that the fiery darts are being extinguished. (No weapon formed against you can prosper.)
I talked w/your dad for a minute in church yesterday and I could just sense his love for you and how very proud he is of you. What a blessing for him, to have a daughter like you. And for you, to have a dad that you can lean in to and count on.
So thankful that your brother is ok.
Maryann P.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron's OK and Alivia will be too. Aunt Cheryl

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
i am thankful that your brother is okay and that the Lord kept him safe. i want to encourage you in this scary blessings to continue to draw near to Christ for strength and comfort. Continue to go to Him. He intercedes for us and pleads on our behalf. (hebrews 7:25) i am praying for you and the rest of the Allen family.
love you-jamie

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
i am thankful that your brother is okay and that the Lord kept him safe. i want to encourage you in this scary blessings to continue to draw near to Christ for strength and comfort. Continue to go to Him. He intercedes for us and pleads on our behalf. (hebrews 7:25) i am praying for you and the rest of the Allen family.
love you-jamie

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
i am thankful that your brother is okay and that the Lord kept him safe. i want to encourage you in this scary blessings to continue to draw near to Christ for strength and comfort. Continue to go to Him. He intercedes for us and pleads on our behalf. (hebrews 7:25) i am praying for you and the rest of the Allen family.
love you-jamie

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
i am thankful that your brother is okay and that the Lord kept him safe. i want to encourage you in this scary blessings to continue to draw near to Christ for strength and comfort. Continue to go to Him. He intercedes for us and pleads on our behalf. (hebrews 7:25) i am praying for you and the rest of the Allen family.
love you-jamie

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry emily for all the repeats- the computer did not want to publish and the time out and then decided to publish it. has a mind of it's own. i am also praying for the blood results for today and praying that the WBC goes down!
jamie

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! Do you hear God proclaiming with authority, "I AM IN CONTROL of every moment of every day of every life that I have created"? I do. I agree with Cheryl's comment, "Aaron is okay, Livi will be also."
Seems to me: Now that God has our attention (because of Alivia), he is demonstrating his great hand of mercy and loving eye upon his children. I say anyone who does not call upon the name of the LORD, "beware" and "good luck" --you're going to need it and it isn't there! Come let us bow down and worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus the Messiah, He's the only one who's there.
Aunt Marcy

12:20 PM  
Blogger beth said...

God is good.

He so obviously cares for us...more than we can even begin to imagine.

I'm so grateful Aaron is okay and it is beautiful to see how close your family is and how much you all love eachother. Truly stated: "Blessings"

I love you,
*Beth

Praying for James, you, and Livi all the time.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
Got your message!!! Thanks so much for calling! I am sooo thankful for a lower WBC!!!!! Huge smiles all across my face! =)))
& I'm also feeling pretty much back to normal- so I look forward to tomorrow!!!! TARGET here we come!
-Ang (I have a fettish with exclamation points!)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Oh my gosh! We are so glad your brother is okay. It seems like the last thing you (or your parents) need at this already stressful time. We see God's goodness and mercy in protecting Aaron. Isn't He so kind to us?

We're glad to hear good news about Livi too. We'll continue to pray that things continue along these lines.

Much love,
The Garners

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home