Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Good times

Alivia actually slept last night. It was amazing. She slept the same pattern that she was sleeping before she got sick (meaning she only got up one time). We had a really busy day too so it was good she got some sleep. We ran some errands in the city this morning (market, hair salon, trophy shop) and then came home and Cynthia was here cleaning (thanks a ton...it was such a huge help). Then Leslie and the kids dropped by to pick up a dress I had borrowed and Alivia got to play with the kids. Thanks for being such a sweetie Eden! Livi loves playing with you. Then we took a nap and it was 5 before I knew it. James came home, a huge storm rolled into Lancaster county so we ran around getting things from the yard that might blow away. James left for a haircut, Jamie came over and hung out (good to catch up), my parents arrived, Jamie left, Andy and Sonya came by for a few hours and now I'm sitting at my computer and Livi and James are sleeping. I love busy days. I love friends being around. It was a great day.

My parents are here till Thursday and tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I'm so glad we will get to be together. Happy Birthday Mom...I love you and so does Livi (you should see her face when they walked in the door....pure joy!)

Thanks to
Cynthia for cleaning
Grace Bennett for the sweet card and angel
The Snyders for the stickers...the big animals ones are a new favorite thing to carry around

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet. what a good day!

Happy Happy Birthday Gretchen!!!

To see your genuine love (in action) for James, Emily, & Livi over the past few months has been a blessing to watch. All the nights you've stayed at the hospital, all the trips back & forth from Indiana, all the fun things you walk in the door with to entertain Livi, your timely sense of humor, the way you see a need and take the next step to take care of it, and the many other ways you have given of yourself that no one else has seen - deserves a bit of celebrating! Thank you for living a life that brings glory to our Savior.
Happy Birthday! kathy

11:07 PM  
Blogger beth said...

i'm glad you had a good day. and sleep. and i'm so happy your parents are there... it's so beautiful to see the look in Livi's eyes when she see's Gigi and Pap-pap. i love you guys so much and am continually praying...
beth

11:59 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I'll be praying for ya'll today and am so glad you got a good night's rest.
Happy Birthday, Gretch!! I know there's no other place you'd rather be or people you'd rather be with for your birthday. Hope the day is filled with lots of laughter for ya'll. With three Allen's around, it's bound to be. :)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday GiGi!!!

The whole way home yesterday, Eden kept saying, "Mom, we forgot to help Livi clean up her toys. That's okay, Haughery can do it." So, sorry that we forgot to help pick up toys! Sorry you had to do it all by yourself!!! Glad I have Eden around to remind me to be a polite guest!

So happy that you had such a fun and full day yesterday. Those kind of days are a great break from the daily routine! We had fun at the party...even in the monsoon. And, my idea with the dress worked out well. That dress is just making the rounds this summer isn't it???

Have a great day today. Have fun celebrating your mom!!! Glad she is there with you!

Love, Les

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had an opportunity to catch up on things in your lives. It has been some time since I have visited the blog, but my girls are faithful in telling me what's up. It seems as though life is a whirlwind for all of you, but you all are praying God's will be done, and it is so refreshing to see the amount of "faith" you have during this trial. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and my family. Enjoy these days when you see Aliva being a typical one year old. By the way, she's adorable!(of course you know that.) May the God you worship continue to give you the strength you require to keep going!
Love and God bless,
lori freeman

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday celebration with your mom!

I will get those thank you cards for the nurses out eventually. Unfortunately, I ran out of time a week ago Monday and things have been nuts ever since because of our upcoming trip with three kids. We are leaving for Florida tomorrow, but just know I haven't forgotten.:-)

I won't be able to keep up with your blog for the next week. I hope the week coming up is filled with joy and peaceful times.

Love,

Caroline

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
You still dont really know me...but I am a friend of April's. I am on this blog constantly and praying for you guys. I wanted you to know that even people you dont know too well are lifting up little Alivia in prayer daily. I am sure you can feel that. Praying for more busy and good healthy days. Glad to see the positive blogs as of late.
Praise the Lord.
Dana Parmer

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked your blog after a lot of summer travel...those pictures of Alivia look a lot like Cynthia when she was little (except for haircolor). What a cutey! Just read about the (sort of) diagnosis of ALL. I am still praying. Aunt Cheryl

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home