Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, July 07, 2006

So unorganized

I am the most unorganized person ever... and that is not like me. I love making lists, being on top of my game and always being prepared. I failed miserably this time. We had planned to be on the road at 8 and it is 8:05 and we aren't anywhere near ready to go. James is on his way back from Hershey because I forgot to get Alivia's prescription and we don't have enough for the weekend. So we had to call our friend Corey who is a resident to call his friends at the pharmacy to call the manager of the out patient pharmacy to get the perscription...good grief!

Once James finally gets home (poor guy) we still have to finish packing...Alivia was tired of the packing and wanted to come watch her favorite movie. Thankfully she did a great job sitting and helping me so that part is almost done. I don't even have my outfit for tomorrow picked out. Thankfully my friend Leslie came to my rescue and let me borrow some clothes! But we are going to get there and that is all that matters.

Livi is doing great. She has no idea what a great weekend is ahead of us. It will be intersting to see if she remembers my parents house or if it is strange since we haven't been there in so long. This is our first time away from home since we found out she was sick and its a huge deal to us. I am so excited to get out of town and be with my family.

I need to get some more things together. I am learning how much I need others. Thanks Corey! Thanks Leslie! What would I do without my friends?!

Also thanks to Sue Minich for last nights dinner...it was something no one had made before and was so good. We both enjoyed it a ton! And thanks to Cynthia for coming and sitting through the incredibly long doctor visit today. It was supposed to be 3 or 4 hours and ended up being 5! You are a trooper thanks.

Hey Allen family....can't wait to see you tomorrow. Thanks for getting married Sarah so we can all get together (ha ha). Can't wait to see my little cousin in a wedding dress....bet you I cry. Love you!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome...hope something worked out for you. Sorry I couldn't lend you my hazmat suit...I was already planning on wearing it this weekend!!! Ha-ha!
Hope your weekend is great!
Love, Les

8:34 PM  
Blogger beth said...

emily you really do have the wonderfullest family and friends... i'm so happy you can take a weekend away and have a super time. love you so much,
beth

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a fun fun weekend!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have an awesome weekend with your family!!! i am praying.


Have a great day!
Christi

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great weekend with your family. it is great to be with family, God new what he was doing when he created families. make sure you and james relax this weekend, since you will have lots of poeple to help you out.

love you,
moriah

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to go away, even if it was a little rough getting started. I definitely understand the wanting to be on top of things and how frustrating it can be when things unravel. Hope you had a great time and that Alivia is doing well!
Love, Christina Smart

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a blast at the wedding this past weekend! I love weddings, too. Fill us in on all the details!

If all goes well on our end (this is the day I have two to get ready for dance class and I am not a naturally organized person), I will have some thank you cards to send to you in a priority mail envelope this afternoon (for the nurses at Hershey Medical Center).

I am also going to try to find a wallet size photo of all three of my kids, but I am afraid if I find it, it won't be current (from over 15 mos. ago). I do have a current one of my oldest with her favorite stuffed pig that Livi should enjoy looking at, though.:-) I am going to have their pictures made professionally again this weekend. I am way behind on that.

You take care and I hope to get a great report back about all the fun you all had over the weekend. Don't sweat the "unorganized" stuff too much. You have so much to think about these days. I have trouble pulling stuff together for trips all the time and you have your hands really full right now. Hope you were able to breathe easy once you got in the car all packed and heading toward your destination and were able to enjoy every bit of the weekend.

Love,

Caroline:-)

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home