Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Long time

I have had the greatest couple of days. We got to my parents Friday around midnight and Livi did super in the car. Not so good once we got here but its always hard adjusting to a new place...especailly cause most of the time an unfamiliar crib means the hospital. But once she got to sleep (3:30 am) things went well the rest of the night. Saturday was a day of hanging out and getting ready for the wedding. We got to Pittsburgh around 5 and spend some quality time with the fam before the wedding. Sarah looked smashing and it was fun remembering the first time I saw her (in the hospital when she was born! My parent snuck me in cause kids weren't supposed to visit and I took her a pair of my old mittens...thanks for pretending you wanted them Maria!). The whole thing was beautiful. Great colors, amazing flowers and all around fun. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Sams!!!! Livi loved dancing and walking around the deck and we got to see family and met some friends of my parents from elementary school. Livi ate the icing off all the cake she could and was just cute as could be. She even let Marmie hold her for a few minutes (she isn't very good with letting people hold her so if you get to it means you are pretty special!)

Sunday we went to church...the whole thing in fact. We don't usually make it through the whole thing but Livi was in a great mood and there was plenty to distract her. It was so great to be there and see everyone. Thanks for all being so understanding about not touching Alivia. It's not the most fun thing to enforce but it is really helpful when people understand. Also thank you to everyone who is pray. During the announcments the whole church prayed for her. I was so blessed. Thanks. We went to the park Sunday afternoon. Alivia was a bit overwhelmed because there were a lot of kids all over the place. We might have to try that park again when its not so crowded.

Monday (today) Uncle Mike (from California) came up to vist and take us all to lunch. We had a great time laughing and talking with him. I miss not seeing him more often and am so thankful for the time we got to spend. Thanks for making the trip to Indiana Mike..we loved spending the day with you.

Around 4 we started to discuss Alivia and I staying for a few extra days. James was sure from the start it was a good idea and although I really really wanted to I was nervous about not being closer to the hospital and it being a big deal to get us home later in the week for her doctor visit. But James and I prayed about it and decided that it would be a good thing. My parents are a huge help and Alivia is so happy to be around them. And Aaron (my brother) is Alivia's new favorite friend and she would be sad to leave him also! I actually got to sleep in today for the first time since before Alivia was born. It was so good to get some rest and it makes all the difference. You forget how much you need sleep until you get a good chunk and then it all comes back. I am so thankful that my mom and dad are willing to get up early with Alivia. They had a great time walking around the neighborhood. Livi just wants to cruise everywhere. She even stood for a few seconds this evening. We are getting so close to walking. She was so close right around when we found out she was sick and that first stay in the hospital set her back a few months it seemed. And it would take a few weeks to get close again and right when she was close we would end up in the hospital again. Hopefully this time there will be no hospital stays for a long time and she will start to walk. It will change our lives but that is a change I look forward to very much.

Hope everyone is doing great. I know we are. This feels like its our vacation. Thank you God for a break!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Livi is sleeping upstairs, and Emily gets to stay a few more days. Thanks James! Seems almost "normal"; and you know what, it is! This is not a trial, but our life, and it is good. So great to spend it with family and have some laughs. I love the Allen's...glad to be one. Gretchen
P.S. However, the Haughery's were the "best" family to marry into. I love you all also. G.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Just reading this makes me feeling the blessing for you! I'm so happy for you, Emily. Glad you're staying a few extra days. Sounds like the exact thing you and Livi need right now. We're still praying!

Much love,
Julie

11:37 PM  
Blogger beth said...

:)

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to get a great update about the wedding!:-)

Unfortunately, my day was not quite as organized as I had hoped and I didn't get the thank you cards mailed to you, but hopefully you won't be needing to run back to the hospital too soon. I did accomplish a lot today, but didn't make it that far down the list.:-( Anyway, it sounds like you wouldn't have even be at home to receive them let alone deliver them in the next few days.

I am so happy for you that you and Livi are getting some nice time in with your parents and brothers.

Love,

Caroline

2:35 AM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I'm so glad you're there, Em, and that you are having such a wonderful time w/ your family. You know we'd LOVE to be hangin' w/ ya'll, too. I'm sure Livi would get a real kick out of the boys.

Watch for some exciting news at Judah's blog; I'll try to post later today.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, have a great stay with your family! I am glad that you can get a little mini-vacation!
See you when you get back!
Love, Les

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you are having a great time w/your family.
Wish I could of met you in church Sunday but we had company in from out of town and didn't make it.
Relax and Enjoy your mini vacation.
Maryann P.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi baby....I tryed to call you but got a busy signal...anyway hope you both have a good sleep...if you want to call i am at the office till about 12 ....LOVE YOU A PINCH!!

Love
james

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you get to have a little vacation. I am also so gald you are all getting some sleep. have a wonderful time with your family. I am praying for you guys.

love you all,
moriah

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James--
(hopefully you'll read this!)
You are amazing! You have worked & continue to work Looong looong days for the purpose of supporting your family phsyically; but also you are always there supporting emotionally & spiritually. It is evident that God is your strength. Thank you for being a clear example of the way that Christ loves the church!! May he continue to strengthen your every move as you lead your beautiful wife & precious daughter during this chapter of your life!

"They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run & not be weary; they shall walk & not faint." Isaiah 40:27
--Ang

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a nice vacation!!!! i hope you have a blast. i am praying. have a wonderful time with your family!


Christi

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home