Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend.

This weekend was so busy and so fun. We went to market with Maureen and Beth on Saturday morning and out to lunch (thanks Maureen!). Maureen headed home around 1 and my parents arrived around 1:30. We hosted a picnic for some friends and had the best time. There are some things that we love to do and hosting picnics is one of them. We love grilling and hanging out in the yard with friends. Sunday we went to church and spent the afternoon watching thunderstorms from the front porch. Sunday evening we met up with Scott and Angie and watched more fireworks (have I mentioned I absolutely love fireworks and look forward to them all year?! Well i do!).

Today my parents let me sleep in and they took care of Alivia (such a blessing!!!!!) then we went to Lititz and walked around looking at the shops. We had a nice lunch in the tea shop and then headed back to our house so Alivia could nap. Once she was asleep my parents and Beth headed home (miss them already). Tonight we just hung out as a family since this week is busy also.

I am so thankful for busy weekends. They resemble our lives before this all started and make me feel more like myself (normal for us). Livi did great all weekend and seemed to enjoy all the activities. She is a social girl just like her momma!

I have a lot of thank you's to catch up on.
Thanks to...
...Patti Smith for the great dinner last Thursday
...Keirnan Smith for sharing his favorite book with Alivia
...Mike and Joanne Allen for the card (can't wait to see you this weekend)
...Joe, Kelly, Campbell and Bailey for driving all th way here for such a short visit. We treasure our times with you. Wish they could be more often.
...Marmie for the card (you are so faithful to send us cards)
...Karen Murchinson for the sweet letter
...Jeremy Landis for the most amazing flowers (more like bushes!) I love them and am watering them daily (promise!) Thanks for hanging out with us boring old people. We love it!
...Maureen for wanting to drive here for an afternoon just to see how she could serve us. We are blown away by your servants heart. And also so glad you stayed over. It was so much fun!
...My parents...for everything
...Jim and Jean McClements for their dear letter
...Kathy McVicker for the 5 little monkeys (Livi loves them and carries them around)
...John and Maryann Plesnicher for their letter and gift (we are truly blessed)
...Anita and Bill Kennelly for their card (see you this weekend!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

All this and James still found time to carry you around in Jude's Snuggly! You guys! Your crazy! You're a fun bunch, I'll tell you that. Hope this is a really great week for you.

Love, Julie

11:04 PM  
Blogger beth said...

did i mention i had a wonderful weekend? love you and miss you already,
beth

11:05 PM  
Blogger Briana Almengor said...

I've thought of ya'll so much this weekend and have prayed that it would provide just what you needed and wanted! I'm glad to hear all about it.

We'll be praying for the remainder of your week, esp. Thursday, and that nothing keeps you from being w/ your family this weekend.

Love you much.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you guys everday. keep trusting God through all this.

moriah

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to be a part of this past weekend. Your friends are the dearest bunch of people on earth. You guys are truly blessed in them. That you manage to even attempt to host a picnic despite all that goes on...well, even if you may not see it, God's grace is on you. Love, MOM
Miss you all too. When we were home on Monday eve I said to Dad...think I'll go peek in on Livi!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful weekend. Hope to catch up soon! Praying for tomorrow! Even while on the beach and busy with fun, sun and sand...Livi wasn't too far from my prayers!

Love, Les

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so glad you had a wonderful weekend!!! i am praying everyday.

have a great day!
Christi

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank sooooooo much for letting me stay @ your beautiful home and hang awt'! I'm so thankful that you had such a fun weekend with your friends and family. I'm praying for a great Dr.'s visit today. Cling to the truth of God's word which says that He is able to accomplish more than we can think, ask or imagine, (it's in the Bible somwhere). Keep an eye on Jimmy!!

Maureen

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home