Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Our Friend Ian

I went to Lord of Life Church in Indiana, PA from the time I was 3 until I got married. One of my families close friends were and still are the Murphy's, my mom and Mary are good friends and Aaron (my youngest brother) grew up with Ian (the Murphy's oldest son). Yesterday morning Ian was in a seriously bad car accident just outside of Indiana. He is in a hospital in Pittsburgh and is still very critical. He needs your prayers desperatly right now. Here are the things that they asked Lord of Life members to pray for this morning....that he would stabilize, that all the bleeding would stop, that his brain wouldn't swell, that the fractures in his neck, knee, arms and ribs would heal, that there would be no brain damage, paralasis or central nervous system damage. Please pray for Ian, his parents, 3 little brothers, little sister and his girlfriend.

Having a sick/hurt child was never something I wanted to have in commen with anyone. My mothers heart breaks for Mary. I have been in the hospital with Alivia not sure what is next and I know the sleeplessness, fear, and grief. I was able to pray with Alivia before bed that Ian would recover completely.

I have a million thanks to catch up on. First and foremost I would like to thank all who have said they would buy bracelets. It is amazing. I am going to post my mailing address tomorrow and it will be up on the blog for the entire day. Please copy it down if you need to send me a check as I will delete the message at the end of the day. Each time I see a bracelet I will know that you are praying for my little girl and are reminded of her often. That is the greatest part of this whole thing. Please keep up the requests for bracelets.

Thanks to Lois (one of the nurses at Hershey) for the sweet card. To Andy and Amy K. for the words of encouragement. To Maryann Plesnicher for the gift (the most helpful gift you can send right now!) and to Lori Felizzi for her card.

Also thanks to Sonya L, Lori R., Cathy Schloemer and Irene R. for the toys for the kids. So much fun taking them with us to the hospital.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
You are in our prayers. I just prayed for Ian but I also sent out a prayer request to the West Point prayer vine for Alivia and for you and James. We think about you guys all the time and pray for you all. Even when you can't even pray, know that others are holding you up. Love, Aunt Cheryl

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I would like 4 bracelets. 2 purple, 2 swirl. You can send them w/your parents or mail. Either way is fine. I will send off my check today.
Hold on in faith,
Maryann Plesnicher

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a thought, maybe having a PO Box number for people to send there requests and money would be safer than having your address posted on the web. I thought of people who may start reading the blog in the future. As the news travels and braclets are being worn, people may ask questions where to order them.

This is a great way to fundraise and remind people to pray.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

I'll be praying for Ian, too.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home