Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Day 3 of Hospitals.

I feel like we live in the hospital already. We spent 3 of the longest days in the hospital this week, capped off with today. Got to Hershey around 11 and got home at 6:30. Alivia had both reds and plateletes. Thats 4+ hours of tranfusion. She did such a great job. We are all bone weary.

Thanks to Jim and Heather Rice for the kid bible, Geoff and Karla Sensenig for the cute fall decoration (which Livi has taken apart completely), Christi Carnahan and family for the stickers, book and coloring paper, The Williams family for the super generous gift certificate to Panera and Cold Stone (can't wait!), to my parents for doing so much over the last few days. And to Suzanne (the nurse at Hershey) for sacrificing her evening and staying late.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamea and Emily,

Please don't give up hope. I know the future looks impossible, but you are children of an amazing God. He has NOT turned his back on you. Please know that He is walking with you in this , althought He may appear to be absent or very far away.

Praying in faith,

Anne and Craig

9:16 AM  
Blogger linda anne said...

Ive prayed for you already this morning. i carry a card around with me...it lists all the points of what i would like to pray. I dont plan on stopping. with love

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Livi was so brave today, didn't cry one time during the entire transfusion process. We even watched the movie "Whale Rider"...the whole culture of the people portrayed feels like the life we are now living with Livi...unreal, or even surreal. I am reading about the sovereignty of our God...I must trust in that, for He is ever good. Mom
P.S. I don't think I know of a better mommy than Emily...she is the apple of Livi's eye. Gigi

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning emily-
Earlier this week i was able to get internet connection and lyndon and i prayed often for you, james, and alivia in our car time driving. praying for his continued grace that is upon you two, healing, and for continued increasing faith. we are in MD this morning, i was able to read your blog updates and my heart pleads for healing for Alivia. i am thankful that the "Big Wig" got back to you and that he was kind and explained what would be best for Alivia. the Lord knew the timing of all these appointments this past week and he knows all the future appointments too. thank you for continuing to keep us updated and for serving others by gathering all the gifts for the other children. love you-jamie

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

today in church, lcc, God touched my heart through your beautiful child, Alivia. Everyone was praying for her, and tears were coming to my eyes. I do not know you personally, but today I read some of your posts on this blog. I will be praying for you, your husband, and your baby girl, she is so cute and adorable. May God bless your family.

7:24 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

still praying. just because theres no new post, doesnt mean i didnt check for one, or have ceased to pray. May God be your strength for tomorrow; Wednesday, October 4th, 2006. Take one day at a time. I hope small joys will be scattered throughout this particular day.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home