Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Preliminary info

Please click HERE to find info about becoming a bone marrow donor. We are not sure if Alivia is going to need this or not but even if she doesn't it isn't a huge sacrifice if you could save a live. To get registered you just have to give a blood sample and if you do match you take a med for about a week to build up your marrow then they do the same thing they do to Alivia for her biopsy and you can either have local anestheia or go under. You have to be between the ages of 18 and 80. Also anyone pregnant who wants to donate their cord blood can do so. Check it out. Its so worth doing. As soon as we are through this whole situation I am going to get registered first thing. And the odds are you won't ever get called. I read on another families site that they have tested over 7,000 people and only 10 have been matches (none for their child yet!) Can't imagine having to wait for a long time to find a match if we need one. The whole thing is hard enough without that added twist. Just a thought

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I clicked on the word 'here' to find out more about donating but didn't get through to the proper web page. Can you give more info. on how/where to donate?
love, Viv

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to donate, but since I am only 13 I can't of course. My contribution will just be to pray for all of those little kids, and livi. Have a wonderful day in the Lord.

love,
moriah

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I have been on the bone marrow doner list for about 5 years now. The process of getting registered is very easy. I'd encourage everyone who is able to do it. I'd share whatever I have with your sweet Livi.
Love you all,
Kathie K.

1:29 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

emily, do you like cream soda??

8:12 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,

Know that I'll gladly donate if I'm a match.

Dawn L.

6:04 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Emily,

Still thinking of you, almost all day I think :), praying for you (almost all day as well), and signing up to donate. You and sweet Alivia have been on my mind consistently and in my prayers. You have humbled me greatly during this time through your amazing faith.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home