Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, September 25, 2006

yet again

We realized today that it doesn't matter if we are just going to the hospital for counts or a "quick trip" that we will always be there for hours and hours and hours. We got there around 11 and got Alivia's port accessed right away but the blood wouldn't come out. They tried for 20 min and still nothing. They tried a ton of flushes and still nothing. So they put in this medicine that is supposed to de-gunk the tube. Well it just sits in the tube and then you try again after 30 min...still nothing. So we went to lunch (Livi was so hungry by this time) and came back. After having the meds in her port for 2 hours it finally gave blood. Then it took quite a while for the counts to come back. And they weren't great. The Reds held stable, and the plateletes were up to 27 (they should have been more since she just had a tranfusion last thursday) and the WBC's went up to 140 (They were 133 last thursday). Not a horrible jump but still a jump in the wrong direction. All in all a pretty discouraging day. We'll go again on Thursday and hopefully talk with our doctor then. He is traveling right now. We saw the same female doc that we saw last week that Alivia really likes. She is the head of the department and will be our transplant doc if we get one. I really like her. She said she doesnt' think we should start Glevac unless we have a plan for the future set up (ie when we'll have the transplant). I appreciated that she made that statement. Its really helpful when docs take clear stands on what they feel will work to heal Alivia...because I sure dont' know what to do.

Alivia didn't sleep well at all last night. WE had a few pretty good nights in a row (only up 2 or 3 times) but last night she was up about 8 times. Lack of sleep just makes the doctor visits so much harder for me.


Thanks to Cynthia for coming with us again.
Thanks to Cathy Schoelmer for the gifts for the kids.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness." -2 Peter 3:8-9

If you can fully wrap your mind around the nuances of this concept, then you are surely a smarter folk than I. However, I think it's relevant to your/(our) situation in that I know I can sometimes think, "Gee whiz, we've (a giant amount of people) been praying about this for this amount of time, and still Livi is not improving." But all the promises of God we read and are encouraged through are not dependent on some human-ordained timetable. They are simply always true, and "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise."

I'm praying for all of you. love, andrew

12:38 AM  
Blogger beth said...

praying for everything...
love you so much,
beth

10:50 AM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

praying, praying, praying...

God has been placing Alivia on my mind so much (more) this week. Everytime I think of you all, I pray.

God bless you,
Adalie

12:22 PM  
Blogger Joe.Karen said...

Dearest Emily,

We're still praying for you like crazy! Not only for healing for Alivia but for rest for all of you!

As for the drives. While they are open to the public, they are minority based drives. I guess there is funding for minorites to get tested and put in the registry since there is such an under-representation. So non-profits like CLLF go out and help recruit people to register. They don't have funds for non-minorities. (except maybe 3-4 people/drive?) So, all minorities can come to our drive, but non-minorities have to do as you said and register through places like CBB. But again, as you said, the fee can be waived at most places if you are willing to donate a pint of blood. I know it sounds like a kind of backwards prejudice, doesn't it? Sorry about that.

God bless!
:)Karen

12:58 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

Oh Emily,
How kind of you to think of our three arrivals to be when you are going through all of this. My husband and I are so overwhelmed. We are praying praying praying.

Hugs and kisses to Alivia.
Patrick and Dana

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, today I had a God-given chunck of time to pray for Alivia. At around 11:30 I got Jude ready for a "quick" outing. When I closed the door to our apartment I immediately realized I didn't have my keys. Dan was in a long meeting and wasn't coming home for lunch until after 1:00. So, Jude and I sat (for nearly two hours) on the back porch, and I immediately thought, "Lord, you interrupted my life to remind me that I need to pray for Alivia." So, that is how I spent my time on the porch! I'm thankful that God goes to such great lengths to have us do what really matters.

Love you!
Julie

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying praying praying for Alivia to heal. i pray for the doctors and for you and james as well. you are heavy on my heart, and i am thinking f you everyday.
remember to look to God for everything, he will give you strength when you feel weak, he will guide your steps.

Always Praying,
Christi

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for you all through this difficult season. trusting God for his will and perfect timing.

lmmb

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home