Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

A big list of thanks

Thanks to the Malito's for the super generous gift card. We are going to use part of it tonight since we're heading to Hershey in the AM.

Thanks to April Stolzfus for the gifts for the Kids.

Thanks to Will and Jeremy for being so cool. You guys are the best to hang out with and make me laugh. Thanks for being so sweet to Alivia (she likes you guys a lot too...I mean you are allowed to sit where ever you want when you come over...that is big!) Don't ever, ever, ever stop coming over and being the amazing guys you are. We love you both.

Thanks to Rachel for getting on the ball with planning the bone marrow drive. I can't even believe how much she has done already! Also thanks to Sonya, Kelly, Holly and Leslie for being willing to be on the committee to help plan it. Ladies it means more than you'll ever know.

Thanks to Erin for giving up her plans and staying with us a little longer. It has been such a blessing having Erin live here. The original plan was that she would move out by the end of September. As the end of Sept. started creeping up on us I started to get more and more sad that she would be leaving. Alivia has even started sitting on her lap..so she would have been sad too. So we asked her to pray (and talk to her parents) about staying longer and she did and she told me last night that she will. THANKS!!!! Our house would have been quite a bit sad and lonely without you!

Tomorrow we have a doc visit in Hershey...well actually its just for counts. But it might be longer if she needs any blood. We would love to just come home. Also this week they want to start Glevace and since Alivia would be the youngest to get it (ever!) they might admit us for observation. Which means a sleepless night for me, Alivia and whoever is at the hospital with us. Not excited about it but if it will keep her safe then we're all in.

Continue to pray for healing. A lot of people in our church are going to fast next Saturday evening to Sunday evening and concentrate on praying for healing for Alivia. They will also be praying for her during church. It would be great if anyone else wanted to join in. Thanks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Just wanted to say thank you to you and James for being so gracious and opening up your home to Erin. It has helped her out to have you guys too in this time of transition for her and her new job. At least there is someone from home nearby for her and some one who cares about the Steelers. I think it is criminal that they didn't show the game there today!! Thanks so much that even while you are going through all this you have extended hospitality to her. I will see you guys next weekend when I come to pick up my car. I can't tell you how many people asked me about the donation process today at church. Of course we are all praying for God to pull a big miracle and you not to need us but we are all standing by. And always praying. Can't wait to see you guys and bring a bunch of toys for the box.
Erin's Mommy, Patty Wallwork

9:47 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

you are adorable and i cant get over it. i still have to officially introduce myself. its just plain sad i never have before. I guess i always felt to young for you "cool older people" =)

*will be fasting and praying*

11:08 PM  
Blogger beth said...

love you and will continue praying for you.
Beth

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that Uncle William?! (I won't say anything about the crickets...shhh...) Livi has great uncles! Very cool that William and Jeremy get to sit where they want. WOW!

Good seeing you guys this morning! Lots of prayer for you guys and Alivia this week!!!

Love,
Julie

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fasting and praying....


Christi

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Emily, I just wanted you to know out her in California( we go to church with your Uncle Michael), we are praying for precious Alivia!! Thank you for sharing so vulnerably all you are experiencing. We are praying for a miracle!!

God Bless you all. Lesley Minkey

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, I miss you,,,and you are the best mommy a baby girl (well, the cutest baby girl) could have! Hopefully, we will get to see you soon. Who would have thought that your blessing in allowing Erin to move in, would turn into a blessing for you? God is good...Love, Moira

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, I miss you,,,and you are the best mommy a baby girl (well, the cutest baby girl) could have! Hopefully, we will get to see you soon. Who would have thought that your blessing in allowing Erin to move in, would turn into a blessing for you? God is good...Love, Moira

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for healing every moment I get. I was brought to tears the other day when I was praying for Alivia. I pray that the doctors visit went well, and everything looks good.
Take care Emily.

love you guys,
moriah

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily:
I was a Christian Play Day Teacher at Grace UMC when you attended as a little girl. My kids went to IAHS with you, and I am a 14 year survivor of leukemia and bone marrow transplant. You, your family and your precious Alivia have been and will continue to be in my daily prayers. I am expecting a miracle for you all, and am living proof that they happen.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home