Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I spent a large part of my day on the phone with people from the national bone marrow registry. No... we haven't been told that we have to have a transplant but I need something to do and in case Alivia does need one I want to be prepared. So I got all the info on holding a bone marrow drive. My friend Rachel (one of the greatest organizer I know) is going to head up the committee to plan one. Even if we never have to have one I want to add to the registry so other families who need help can find it. I guess that is the first thing I learned today. If they test you it won't just be for Alivia. It is just too expensive to test for individuals. If they did that for everyone that is all they would be doing and it wouldn't be productive. So if you want to get tested you must realize that you will be added to the national registry and you may get called to donate for someone else. If you are tested you will recieve a card and you will be eligible to donate till you are 60. So its a big commitment. But if it could save a life why wouldnt' you want to. And it is a 1 in 20,000 chance you will match anyone. Getting tested isn't a big deal though. All you do is fill out a health form and get your check swabbed.

If you aren't from the Lancaster Area and want to donate on your own please click HERE and they will send you the info to get registered.

Tomorrow is another doc visit. We will do counts,see the doc and have a chest X-ray. I don't know if we'll have a transfusion. I don't really feel like talking or dwelling on it right now. Today was good was good and I'm going to go spend the rest of my evening with my family. I'll write when we get home tomorrow.

Pray that we never, ever, ever need to have a bone marrow transplant.

7 Comments:

Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Emily,

Any plans for a drive in Indiana? If not, can I help make plans? I'd be glad to do it for you and want to help. Please let me know. I plan to be added to the list and I know there a plenty of others in your hometown as well. My e-mail is christi.carnahan@adelphia.net. Still praying for the miracle your hoping for.

Christi

8:37 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

=) i cannot tell you how glad i am that you typed the words "today was good, im spending the rest of my evening with my family" makes me giddy.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a stong support system, James & Emily. Can you imagine going through this time without family & friends &, most of all, the Lord? We WILL pray for no bone marrow transplant! And we will do whatever we can to love and serve you guys and your precious little girl right now.

We love you!
Dan, Julie & Jude

10:45 PM  
Blogger beth said...

love you, praying
give livi a kiss for me

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, Livi & James often.

Maureen

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, we are praying for your mercies to continue and for Livi NOT to need a transplant. She is too cute with the bone marrow she has...just make it healthier, please! A doting grandma, Gigi

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray the doctors visit went well.

moriah

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home