Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Port Drama

Well we got re-accessed (thats the 5th time since Friday!) . All this because no blood was coming out of the port for labs. They tried everything but sometimes the pipes just get gunked up. So we had a break with no access (her skin could breath) and took a much needed bath. The best suprise was that Holly from the clinic came up and did the access. I was so excited to see her and it was nice knowing someone who knows Alivia so well was doing the access. Its hard when I don't know the person as well....and today it would have been someone from the IV team who I had never met. But instead....HOLLY! I loved it. Thanks Holly...it was so good to see you. I miss the clinic nurses already and I'll probably see them all next week. I want to kidnap them all and make them transplant nurses so that they can be with us during the transplant. (not that the nurses are the floor aren't great..they are...i just know the clinic nurses better)

So all went smoothly with the re-access but the port still didn't give blood! Yikes. So we are waiting for a medicine called TPA that is sort of a drain-o for ports. It will go in and sit in the port for about an hour or so and hopefully clean it all out. It never enters the body and just sits in the tube. If that doesnt' work I have no idea what the next step is. But I can't go there right now. Just pray really hard that it starts to work.

Good news for today...she is slowly being weened from the oxygen. She is down to 1/2 litre by nose and no blow-by. That is really good. At her worst she was on 4 litres nose and 15 litre blow-by. Believe me that is a lot of oxygen and it is a relief to be down to just the nose. Looks like we're moving in the right direction. At some point today she might have a chest x-ray. That will be her 4th since Friday. I think we've only had 4 since this all started. Crazy. Its good though cause they can do them in her room....we don't have to go to the basement where the big machines are. its not as scary but it is still scary. pray that she isn't too freaked out by it this time.

Thanks to Matt and Viv for dinner. (everyone loved it and you made enough for an army) thanks to Jamie, Kathy, Leslie and April for visiting. I love getting to see my girls...makes me feel pretty normal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Wilhoite said...

So happy to hear there is improvement. You have all been heavy on my mind and prayers. I started my transplant process on Monday. I'm done with radiation and just finished one of the two days of chemo. So far everything is going well and I'm feeling o.k. I know it's different for everyone, but just thought maybe hearing a good report regarding this whole transplant process might encourage you. I pray for you all everyday, along with another little 4 month old with AML. I know we've never met and probably never will, but you're loved and dearly cared for. Blessings, Amy

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to see Livi playing on the floor, pretty in pink when we arrived. We enjoyed our visit!
love,
Viv

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home