Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Day +13 and +14

The last two days have been good. I decided to paint Livi's door instead of blogging last night. She now has a picture of Elmo, Grover and Big Bird. She loves showing her Grover doll the picture of him on the door.
Her counts have continued to rise (in a good way). Her WBC's are now 4.1 (ANC- 3526, Neut %77). They have had her on a medicine called GCFS that helps to stimulate the growth of WBC's but since it is doing so well they will start to cut back on it and so there will probably be a drop in the number of WBC's over the next few days.

They are starting to try to get her meds to be oral again so that at some point we can go home. Also they are tapering her IV nutrition. She will have to start to eat again, take oral meds and produce enough WBC's without help from meds in order to go home. The earliest might go home is day +28. That is only 14 days from now! Wow. I am trying not to think about it too much. Currently our house is unlivable because of all the construction going on to make it better for Alivia when she comes home. We are not counting on coming home by day 28. Just some patients get to. It would be great but we will stay as long as it takes to be safe for Livi.


Please pray she starts to eat more and keep it down. Her appetite doesn't really exist right now so pray it will come back. Pray she has less nausea. She could have nausea for months after we are home but we would love for her o get over it. Pray that she starts to take her oral meds better. She gets so upset she throws up each time she takes them. Pray there are no complications.

Thanks for the cards from...
Marmie (cute stickers)
The Kimmels (thats for the generous gift)
Gary and Patty Smith (She already used the stickers)
Bumbarger
IHS Key Club
Heidi Nicoll (listened to the DC...it was sweet)
Misty Wilson (keep the stickers coming...she goes through them as soon as she gets them)
Kelly Christman (that is one of my favorite authors..thanks)
The Adams
The Camps (you guys are way to generous.. thanks)
The McCombie's (more sticker fun..thanks)
McClements (Great Granddad and Great Grandmom)
The Duffee's (such cute pictures and thanks for the pony. Did you notice her cuddling it in the picture? She loves it.)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do think she is seriously the cutest girl ever. Thanks for being so good at keeping up with the blog, it means alot. I am so amazed at how well she is doing. I will continue to pray for and for you guys as well.
Love and Prayers
Sara Lazio

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Livi is so beautiful. I love that precious smile!
Glad to hear the good news...will continue to pray.
C Curry

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little girl has touched my heart. My best friend, who lives in Annville, shared her story and the link to your blog with me. From the moment I saw her sweet little face, she has had a special place with me. I have 2 little girls - one is almost exactly Alivia's age (she'll be 2 on 4/6). Your blog helps me keep all the little every day life frustrations into perspective!! Alivia is in my thoughts and prayers daily. Thank you for the blog - it means so much.
Caren Kruest (Columbus, OH)

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great news!!! Livi looks so wonderful.
Hoping and praying for the BEST!
Love, Les

Wednesday or bust!

6:31 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So glad to hear that she is doing so well. Hope that everyday continues to get better and better and better. Praying that the move to real food and oral meds goes smoothly. And, that your house comes together and you get to go home earlier than expected.

7:27 AM  
Blogger April said...

Glad to hear such wonderful news!! Yay! Praying for the desire to eat and easy transition to taking meds again.

Also, I've wanted to comment since the night of the "rant". After reading that post I realized that that could be every post, and it's not. Emily, you appear to be doing an excellent job being joyful in your circumstances! The grace of God is clearly at work in your life. You are consistently thankful and full of faith. Thank you for the example you are to all of us. May God be glorified.

Love,
April Stoltzfus

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the increase in white cells is the "right kind" of increase, and things are going well. Am praying for the things you request. It would be amazing if you could go home in only 14 days!
Cathy S.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Bueche said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Bueche said...

Nice post Emily. We missed it, for sure yesterday, but I'm glad you did the door instead.

We Bueches are glad to hear that you've had a few good days, but we are conscious of the fact that that each day holds its own potential for trials or ease. We just pray for the ease.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Steph B. said...

Hi Emily, this is Stephanie Bowman from WV, (Gabriel Bowman's wife) I wanted you to know we look at the blog and pray for little Alivia and you and James everyday. I agree with what April. You ARE an example. THANK YOU!!!!!!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL YOU BLOG COMMENTERS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...IT MEANS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW TO LIVI'S CAREGIVERS (#1: EMILY!!!!!!) GIGI

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it coming!!! I love good news, high white cell counts, your daily blog and Grandpa's picture of the guy at work. Why can't I be so clever. The only funny thing in my photo was all those babies. We all say hip, hip horray for Alivia. Give her a hug from all of us. I think she looks cuter than ever with her new do. She is on our prayer list at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Glenview Illinois and they finally figures out how to pronounce her name. You're doing a great job. Grocery shopping isn't so great, but a shower and bare feet-Ahhhh.
Love you Emily
M.Walsh

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOO happy to read your update - we missed you yesterday, but certainly understand the need for a painting break!!! :) I bet it looks wonderful!!! Thank you for keeping us updated and posting the pictures. The first one of Livi today is PRECIOUS!!! Seriously, can I just smooch those cheeks??? :)
SO excited about the count increase!! Our prayers are being answered. God has this precious baby in the palm of His hand and is bringing her back to health!
My heart LEAPT to think you could be back home soon!!! My prayers will continue everyday!!!
I'm so looking forward to donating tomorrow for your sweet little girl!! I can't tell you what it means to me to be able to touch her life in this way!!! I feel blessed!!!!
Hugs, Vicki Moore

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!
So encouraging...makes me want to pray even more!
"GO LIVI..GO LIVI...GO LIVI"
What a gal!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cannot get over how wonderful Livi looks. God is doing an amazing healing work in her body! I am praying that you will be able to leave the hospital soon, and All that goes along with it! I pray that all of you from Pa to Livi) are filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit and refreshed by the Lord of peace this evening. Love from Indiana, Janet S.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. That smile.... (in the midst of everything)...its contagious. Thanks for pics.
Love Aunt Marcy

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home