Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day +11/2nd Birthday

For some reason I can't upload any more pictures today so I'll have to try again tomorrow but I did upload a few on the other posts so check those ones out.

Today was a pretty good day overall. Our nurse was Manda and Livi really likes her so that makes the day much easier (we like her too) Alivia woke up and my dad was here and he said she just layed there for about 15 min staring at all the decorations. She was a bit out of sorts this morning and so I didn't go back to sleep but Livi, Pa and I had a nice time playing with her new play Play-Doh set from Scott and Ang, painting with toothpaste on her chair tray, cleaning her tray and she ate for the first time in 2 weeks. She had a great nap, I got a nap and she was in a much better mood after. This evening Livi's uncles stopped by for a visit. She was so excited to see them. They made a movie for her and we all enjoyed watching it. We had an ice cream cake and she opened a few of her presents. She had been opening them throught the day and we saved some for tomorrow. Her birthday will go on for a few more days. I think she had a good birthday. She is sleeping peacefully which is huge. She definetly experiences more pain at night or is more aware fo it and so we have been giving her morphine every 2 hours at night. She seems pretty good (pain wise) during the day as of today. The doctors say she is doing very well. The more uneventful it is the better. Her blood pressure is still running on the high side so continue to pray for that. Also pray that the mucusitious will continue to remain minimual. Her white blood cell count was .2 today...it has been less than .1 for over a week and that could mean that it is starting to engraft (grow). THis would be exciting. We are trying not to get overly excited because it can fluxuate when it is engrafting but still that would be great if it was engrafting already. Pray that Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) doesn't set in. That is the big worry when the counts start to rise. Visit friendsofalivia.blospot.com to find out more about GVHD

Thanks for the cards from ...
Ashley, Kami, Collette and Kim (last nights nurses) for the first card of the day.
Jude (and for the coloring pictures)
Rick and Deb Gilgore (and the gift for James and I)
The Heitlands
The Millens
Brian, Tonya and Natalie Scott
Kelly Tonkin
Lancaster Christian School

And thanks to...
The Brigouleix's for the mini pot and pan
The Almengor's for the Panera card, Dora bubbles, Prayer cards, fake teeth, photo album, lip gloss for both Livi and I, M&Ms, Hat (she'll get to open them tomorrow so I'll send pictures of us with the fake teeth)
Krissy Evans for the dress up stuff (I tried to post a picture of her with the wings on but it didn't work...I'll try again tomorrow)
The George's for the Cinderella doll (which Livi calls baby)
Mom for the care package (we missed you today)
The Knutsens for the mug, glitter crayons, word cards, M&M, paper and gel stickers. (she didn't open them yet so they will help make her birthday a birthday week)
The Mike's for the PJ's, Book, Magnetic Doll and my new favorite dress for Alivia. (Cynthia is washing the PJ's and dress so I'll get pictures of Alivia in them once the come back)
The Pete's for TJ Bearington (she loves him...remember Teddy Ruxbin? This makes him look so silly. He blinks, wiggles his ears and she has already figured out all the buttons. I got great pictures of her with him that I'll post soon. Oh and she had to introduce all of her other stuffed animals to him..thought of that herself)
Nyah Smart (and her Mommy and Daddy) for the Little Petshop Doctors office. Its really cute and the care package for me was such a treat. I just finished a magazine and now I have 3 new ones. Thanks so much.
John, Chris and Will for the hilarious video, cards and tape of you guys reading books. She is going to love listening to you read the books. And if she misses you I can pop the video in. Thanks for hanging out with us tonight. You guys always make us laugh.

More pictures tomorrow I promise.

18 Comments:

Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Love all the pictures. Praying for grafting and Gigi! And that the continuation of the birthday celebration is just as fun today. Thanks for taking the time for all of the birthday updates! It is so wonderful to see your families and all of the support you have.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six o'clock and I am up and had breakfast already. What happened ? Just means I can start the prayers earlier today. The birthday pictures were fun to view, looked very festive in the room. Praying for the grafting and return of enjoyment of real food for our dear sweet much beloved Livi. Email to follow with more personal stuff. Marmie

6:39 AM  
Blogger Bueche said...

Praise God for a fun day.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad she had a great birthday! I loved all the decorations! I will be praying for you guys! And again Happy birthday Livi!!!:):):)

love,
moriah

7:53 AM  
Blogger Momma.Smart said...

So glad to see that she had a fun birthday with her uncles there too! Praying for the graft vs. host to stay at bay! I was trying to get James' number so that i neil could call him and ask him what you might like to have in a care package but he didnt call back so we improvised :)But really i'd like to send YOU some stuff every once in a while so send me a list of things you need or would just really like to have while in the hospital. The decorated room was so cute! and so was the pic of livi with the nurse :)

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good! What a fun family!
You should start a party planning business someday ;)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

What a wonderful day! You will always look back on birthday #2 and have such a great story to tell. Way to take a tricky situation and turn it into an incredible blessing for your daughter, Em.

Gigi, get better soon! Although, Emily is right. Your role as germ catcher is precious right now. Keep those sickies away from little Liv! I'm sure you were disappointed to miss the big day!

Love you all!
Julie

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
When Alivia is completely better and you finally have some free time on your hands...I think you should become a party planner! The room looks so festive and you have the best ideas..so creative! In the midst of it all, you are creating such good memeories for your daughter.
Still praying...hope Gretchen is better real soon!
Blessings,
Maryann Plesnicher

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your day today and praying that her white blood count will continue to increase and make a home in alivia. praying that Gigi gets better too. it is no fun to miss a party. i am thankful that your family could be there to celebrate and eat cake. love you-jamie

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Darling Alivia
And to all of your Beautiful Family--
I am so happy you had a warm family loving Birthday--
The smiles are simply PRECIOUS..
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTY WITH US !
CONTINUING TO PRAY
Phyllis

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for a Happy Birthdday! Thanks for all the details & for posting so many pictures, it makes us feel like we are there with you! I think that you need to start a "window painting" business. You do SO good!
LOVE you guys! (thanks for your precious e-mail....it brought tears to my eyes.)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALIVIA!!! You sweet girl - I am so glad you had a good day!! I pray that you just keep getting better and better and better and better and BETTER! God bless you!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very festive pictures, Emily! You did such a great job! It takes a special person to turn her 2 year old's birthday in a quarantined hospital room into something so happy!

God is bragging about you all over heaven:
"Consider my servant, Emily. She is being tried by fire but coming out pure as gold!"

Praying for continued good reports on Livi...and Gigi!

Mary Ann K.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awsome Mom you are!
Margot

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Livi,

I'm so sorry I didn't get a birthday card to you on your special day. I've been a little under the weather. Your mom will have to explain what that means to you.

You're such a big girl now! We're all so proud of you for being such a big, good girl in the hospital. I think you're acting a lot bigger than I would. I probably would cry a lot more and make my mommy get me more toys.

We love you!
Auntie Kristi

11:33 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

Happy Birthday Livi!! You are suc a good, brave little girl.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

Happy Birthday Livi!! You are suc a good, brave little girl.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Parmer Clan said...

Happy Birthday Livi!! You are suc a good, brave little girl.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home