Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day -2

Today we gave Alivia a bath in her bed. She has to take a bath everyday to get the chemicals and germs off her skin. Her is a picture of her right after wrapped in her clean blankie (they get changed each day too)


Pa got her a doctor kit so she could play doctor. She loves it. Especially since it is Sesame based. The stethescope is Cookie Monster, the thing to look in the ears Big Bird, the thermometer Bert and the blood pressure cuff is Ernie. Oh and it all comes in a big Elmo bag. Here are a few pictures of her using them on Grover (she's wearing Zoey slippers...we had a Sesame Street day)




Alivia did great today. The last dose of chemo and ATG went fine. We are praying that is the last dose of chemo and ATG she will have in her whole life. No fevers and she played all day. Then this evening we finally got her to eat something (first time eating since Monday) and all she would eat were M&M's. So she ate about 14 and was happy for a while. Then she started to throw-up. She threw up once and we thought that was all cause really what else could be in there. And she was playing and happy so James and I went to talk for a bit. When we came back we found out she had thrown up again (thanks for taking such good care of her Dad!!). We were going back and forth on whether or not to give her some more anti-nausea meds and she threw up again so we decided YES give it to her. It knocked her out pretty quickly. She has been sleeping peacefully ever since.

Tomorrow is the "day of rest" then Friday is the big day. Transplant day is supposed to be like a second birthday, a new lease on life. So from this day foward we will celebrate it as such. Livi will have two birthdays in one month. Her transplant day and her second birthday.

Please pray that the mucasitis (the inflammation of the mucus membrane that comes with low blood counts) isn't too bad. It is a given that she will get it and will go on morphine when it comes. But there are degrees of it so please pray that her's is a lesser degree. Also please pray that she isn't too nauseas over the next few days. The mucasitis can cause nausea and with sores in the mouth throwing up will be really hard. Pray that she continues to sail through.

Wanted to remind everyone of the picture contest. Remember the 3 catagories are wild thing (pic of you with an animal), incognito (you in a costume...the more public the setting the better) and antics (you doing something wild). We have gotten a few and I will take a photo of our wall of photos tomorrow. We still have tons of room so send the pics. Thanks.

Thanks for the cards from ....
the Heitlands (cute photo girls)
Georgann Katcher
the TI Benefit Committee.

Mail time is one of my favorite times of the day. It is so fun for me...maybe even more fun for me than for Alivia. So thanks to everyone who has sent a card. We love it.

23 Comments:

Blogger Julie Garner said...

First, I hope that Gigi gets better soon! I'm wondering if she is at your house and if there is anything I can do for her.

Also, who can't love a very Sesame Street day?! That is just precious.

I'm sad she had a rough night, but I'm rejoicing that things seem to be going well so far. I will really be praying for all the effects as well as for Friday's transplant. Oh, Alivia, may God be gracious!!!

Love you!
Julie

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only Emily would have a contest while her baby is going thru a bone marrow transplant! You're amazing!

I love the pictures! Your dad is perfect. A Sesame Street Dr.'s kit. I love you guys, and we are praying constantly, and won't be stopping until we get the word. Thank you for telling us exactly what to pray for. It's so helpful to know how and what to pray.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we could ask or imagine; to Him be the power in the church and in Christ Jesus, forever and forever. Amen!"

I love you all.
kristi

1:34 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Haughery's you are amazing!

To watch you march through this is a gift! You are changing the lives of so many.

I will continue to pray for each request given until I get the next, as well as for complete healing of Alivia!! (Always, always, always have that on my list!...along with strength for you and James, Emily!)

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to celebrating (although not in person, then in spirit, at least!) Alivia's "new life" birthday and praying for all of you to sail easily through the trial ahead. I have a picture that might bring a laugh - I will plan to send a copy soon. God bless!
(Hope Gigi is better too!)
Cathy S.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for Alivia and I want you to know she is on a large prayer chain at St Thomas More University Parish ( Indiana Pa.)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emily,

We prayed for the following last night at caregroup:

-God would heal Alivia
-God would protect Alivia throughout the surgery
-God would bring comfort and strength to you and James
-Gigi would get better
-the doctors would have supernatural skills on Friday
-no infections
-God would be glorified through this

Praying,
Sara

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I got the day of the stem cells off by two days! I thought it was Wed. Because I was off, I am already in joy mode because it is such a wonderful thing. It's a FABULOUS idea to celebrate it as a second birthday! Woohoo!

OK. Her body has a Sabbath today. Tomorrow stem cells! Love, Aunt Cheryl

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~ AS TODAY GOES ON.. I SHALL KEEP YOU IN MY HEART.
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER EMILY.
YOUR FAMILY IS LOVED AND PRAYED FOR BY MANY PEOPLE.
PM

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"O wondrous love
That will not let me go
I cling to You
With all my strength and soul
Yet if my hold should ever fail
This wondrous love will never let me go."

So thankful that we know this wondrous love firsthand!

I continue to read the blog daily (more like hourly!). And we continue to pray and trust God for Livi's healing.

Pat

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that today is truly a day of rest for you all. Praying that GiGi is better very soon.

Love,
Amy

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress I will not be shaken. My salvation and honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY ROCKSTAR! Thanks for the updates! They have become a part of my day. I just got over the flu and her pics kept me smiling. What a little gem. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Heidi

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for strength from the Father today ... spiritual, mental, emotional and physical. Love and prayers coming your way from Indiana, PA ... Janet

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily

I just found a bunch of free Seseme Street shows on iTunes! I downloaded them for my special ed kids. There are still a few free ones on there - you have to search for them, but the others are 99 cents and episode. It might keep Livi busy! We continue t o pray!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing good about being away from Livi. However, the phone call from Livi when she said Gigi, Gya, and bye were too sweet. Emily, I have grown in respect for you as a Mom. And, I am becoming quite fond of Sesame Street again! Gigi

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just had to say how much I loved the moon story the other night from one of the bloggers. What an awesome God to create the moon and all of our earth without any mistakes. God gave that same care when creating Livi. "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." Psalm 118:8 If he can save us, then he can save us.


Live :0 is being lifted up by a group of prayer warriors at my mom and dad's little old country church each week. One of them took the request to Georgia to pass along there.

Your family is something else. One of God's great provisions.
Get well Gigi!!!(Ususally these sickness pass quickly) - I'm sure not quick enough.

You are not alone. Praying for it all!!
Diana B.

2:52 PM  
Blogger monicac2 said...

I will be praying, praying, praying for Alivia - and the entire family. May God wrap his arms tightly around you!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gigi

Didn't know you have this lovely name. I am very proud that you have very strong and beautiful daughter and granddaughter. With the positive attitude you all have, I am pretty sure you will win. By the way, never remember you ever sick in Indiana. May be you should return to work to cure. Or may be the Feng-Sui. In that case, may be you want to move Alivia to Pittsburgh hospital. They are pretty good too. Just kidding.

Wish the best
Dr. 2255

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad yesterday went better. Hope today was pretty good too. I loved the pictures too!:):) I will be praying that all goes well tomorrow. My family wants to send a pic in soon, so hopefully you will get one from my us soon. I am praying for you guys.

love ya,
moriah

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I want you to to know there isn't a day that goes bye, we don't pray for Alivia. I just got done praying with Hunter, Parker, and Emily and Hunter prayed such a awesome prayer for Alivia. As he ended his prayer he asked God to not allow anything more than a cold to enter her body the rest of her life. They ask about her daily. Emily will say to me" We pray for Alivia, you know!"
We are having a Alivia day at our house on friday. She will be lifted up to the Lord all day and night. May God comfort you all and give you peace.
I miss your parents smiles at church.
Love,
Kristy Scherf

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
We are praying for you all. Hunter, Parker, and Emily pray for Alivia daily. We just got praying with the kids. Hunter asked God to not allow anything more than a cold enter into Alivia's body the rest of her life. Emily will say to me " we pray for Alivia, you know!" To her a child pray is awesome.
Lord,I lift Alivia to you and pray for her safety during her transplant tomorrow. Please guide the doctors hands and give them wisdom. I thank you for bringing Alivia into this world and blessing her with such loving parents. Please give comfort and rest to the family tomorrow. Amen.
Love and Prayers,
Kristy Scherf

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are praying for you, Alivia.

Our hearts will be with you all tomorrow.

Grace,
ashley

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James & Emily,
Just wanted to let you know I'm continuing to pray and will be so especially hard tomorrow!! Also for your mom! :)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin prayed for Alivia tonight before bed. He closes his eyes and nods his head, and sometimes says "yes,yes".

We are all praying for you,
The Kim's

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home