Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day +2

Very good day today. Alivia slept less and played more. She was cute as ever and just had a great day. Here a few pictures then a few prayer requests and then bed.

We had a long time of crafting and here are the little people we made. We made Mama, Da, Gigi, Pa and Livi.

I think they were both supposed to stick out their tongues but instead we got one tongue and one cheese

Livi had a bit of a spa day today. After her bath Gigi and I spent a lot of time painting her toes, combing her hair and putting on lotion...some of the lotion got in her hair and this is the result...soft baby..spikey hair.



All three of my requests are for her skin. 1. Please pray for Alivia's bottom. She has a diaper rash and her body can't heal it right now becaue of the lack of white cells. It is open in some places. Please pray that it is supernaturally healed and that in the meantime she doesn't get any infections from it. Because some of it is open she can infect herself with the natural bacteria that is in her body. 2. please pray for the skin behind her ears and under her hair in the back. For some reason it is really dry and itchy. We are applying all the lotions we have (thus the spikey hair) but it is still itchy (again she can't heal herself). 3. Please pray for the skin around her broviac. It is always under a clear bandage and must remain sterile. The thing is that to get it sterile it has to be rubbed with cloraprep (alcohol filled cleaning tool) for 60 seconds. Not washed, rubbed. It had to be done yesterday because the tubes were starting to slip out from under the dressing (she has up to 5 different tubes connected to her at different times and they are heavy and pull on the broviac lines) a certian amount of the broviac tube is supposed to stay under the dressing. Well with all the playing today the tube slipped out from under the dressing again so it had to be changed again. And the nurse wiped the skin but forgot to wipe part ofthe tube that would be under the dressing and had to start over. Needless to say Alivia screamed the entire time. Imagine a brushburn then rub it with alcohol for 60 seconds, twice in a row (and you can't blow on it to make it dry faster)...ouch! Ever since it has been very itchy and there really is nothing we can do cause it is under the dressing. Pray the skin is soothed, it heals without help (supernatural again because nothing should heal on her till her counts return in at least two weeks!!), it doesn't itch and that Alivia is able to resist pulling it if it does. Thanks

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those smiley pics made my morning! I will definitely be in prayer for all of those issues. Poor little girl. I was cringing as I read your descriptions. I can't even imagine what it must be like for her.

Love you,

Les

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm probably imagining it but I swear her cheeks are rosier and she just looks healthier! I'm always praying Em and James. I hope I can come up w/ Rach soon and visit. Please tell Livi that Stella says hi (woof!)
Love,
Steph

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Emily,
The itchy skin behind her ears and neck sounds like excema which would require a topical steroid cream like Cutivate. My daughter has the same thing and regular lotion doesn't help. I'm sure the nurses would know - maybe you could ask them.

Praying from Gaithersburg.
Jean

7:51 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So happy she was up and about a bit more! Has to be a huge life for all of you as well. Praying for all of your requests today and then some!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff! Tell Da there will be no rugby for Alivia until the tubes are no longer necessary.

I have the skin issues on my list.

Tom Bueche

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin' the cheese! She's so good at it. James, too ;-)

The stick peeps were awesome. Cool 'fros. I'm sure there are other folks out here that feel this way... we wanna come and play. You guys know how to have a good time, even in challenging circumstances.

Praying for healing skin and continual overall healing.

Super mega tons'o'luv,

GAL

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very thankful that all is going so well. Alivia is the most beautiful and couragous little girl in the world!! Your entire family is incredible! I enjoy the pictures! Your mom looks cool even w/the mask on. Hang in there and know that we all are still praying and hoping for Gods absolute best!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT A BLESSING ~ THAT YOU HAD A GOOD DAY!
I am happy for you....
More PRAYERS will be said throughout the day.. I pray that Alivia's skin is healed and that her days are filled with laughter, smiles, and continued healing !
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU
Phyllis

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE that precious smile!!! It broke my heart to hear what she went through with her broviac!! As an adult, I don't know if I could have handled it. I will continue to pray for her and adding her skin issues.
I don't know if you are able to use anything for her diaper rash, but have two suggestions if you can. Triple Paste - which can be found at any Walmart, Target or pharmacy. Then there's Boudreaux's ButtPaste which I've heard is AWESOME for diaper rash. That you can get at www.buttpaste.com. It's supposed to work REALLY well!!! Is there any way she can have "diaperless" times - maybe not because of the sterile environment. Please forgive my ignorance - just trying to think of things that might help!! The poor baby!! You all remain in my prayers!!!
Vicki Moore

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for the skin problems.
God has brought you all so far, He's not going to stop now!
Remember all the healings in the Bible of leprosy? And how the footnotes say something like, "a skin condition, not necessarily leprosy"? He is able!
Poor baby having to have a "double cleaning". Yeah, the first time I had to have my port cleaned, the nurse forgot to clean the line and had to do it again. Like you said, more alcohol over an already raw spot. Ouch! But, she felt SO bad about it! (She later became my favorite nurse!)
Love the pictures! I'd like to think Livi did "cheese" purposely when it was supposed to be "tongue out"...just for the effect!
:-)

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed Alivia's journey from almost the beginning from here in the deep south. You all have been constantly in my prayers and will continue to be. I am blown away by your faith and love.

With love and prayers,
Theresa Haughery

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Alivia looks really, really good! I read all of the posts from the last few days at once, and she's looking so much better - like she feels a lot better. I am so thankful to God that He has poured down His blessings upon Alivia. I will pray for 98 more boring days. Thank you, God. I will also pray for smooth, soft, calm skin. Bless you guys!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm glad to hear both Livi and you guys are doing so well! I pray every night for all of you, and I can't wait until the next time I get to see you guys!

Love,
Cousin Timmy

12:11 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Hope Livi was able to enjoy her day at the spa...M&G's Day Spa (Mama & Gigi's). Go away itchy skin and diaper rash!!! Poor little Livi!

Thinking of you so often and always praying...
Julie

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pray for her skin. And again, I loved the pictures.

love,
moriah

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will pray for her sweet little skin. love the pics, once again. thanks for keeping us so well updated emily. xoxo

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with reading, but not posting. Love how "boring" can be good! More boring days please! Praying for all of Livi's skin conditions. I'm cringing at the thought of the alcohol scrubs... May she be miraculously healed from all discomforts. Love, Beth

2:59 PM  
Blogger Holly A.S. said...

Ryan and I will be at the med center on Wednesday afternoon for the ice cream social in the cafe. I'll look for your family and maybe we can visit for a bit (I won't bring Ryan up to the room though, he's healthy but you never know)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though it seems you are going through a tough time, remember, God has blessed you, is blessing you, and will bless you. Romans 8:28 tells us God works everything, even Livi's condition, for good.
In Christ,
Pamela Bueche

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for the things you asked for. May God bless -
Cathy S.

5:01 PM  
Blogger sunnydeveloper said...

I just happened on your site today, I think I was meant to.

Our daughter is 15 months past transplant for biphenotypic Leukemia (AML and ALL). She is doing great.

I know how hard this is, how hard it is to walk your child through what is in your instinct to protect her against. But I also know there is hope and light and normality waiting for you. BELIEVE

You are in my prayers.

5:37 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Just wanted to say, after the last comment, that I cannot wait until you can inspire others with the promise of being 15 months past tansplant...and two years past...and 5 years past...and 7 years past...and you get the picture. Thanks Daisysmum for happening upon Livi's blog. And, thank you Lord as well.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Daisysmum story! Thanks for posting. Praying for soft, supple non itchy or sore skin. Alvia does look good and what amazing fun care you give her.
Be still and know that I am......
Love,
Diana B.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey haughery's,

i'm so grateful to God for her smiles and sleep. The picture of her sleeping with her hands folded is adorable.

Love you and praying hard,
Jan

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get out picture from Julie Garner yet? It is going to be good. Alivia's too dang cute! I'm praying every day against adverse side effects.

Uncle John

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home